BRITISH CHAMPION FARMER JOINS IDDON FOR TYCO BMW'S 2019 SUPERBIKE CAMPAIGN
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
BRITISH CHAMPION FARMER JOINS IDDON FOR TYCO BMW'S 2019 SUPERBIKE CAMPAIGN
[Image: TycoTasHdr.jpg]

TAS Racing is delighted to announce a continued association with Tyco as title partners for the 2019 season, with four time British champion Keith Farmer joining established BSB rider Christian Iddon to represent the team in the Bennetts British Superbike Championship aboard the all-new BMW S1000RR.

Farmer steps up to the premier class with the Official BMW Motorrad team, after clinching last season’s Superstock 1000cc championship and along with Iddon, is looking forward to the challenge ahead in the world’s leading domestic Superbike Championship.

Speaking of his dream opportunity in the British Superbike Championship with Tyco BMW, Farmer, who is the most widely decorated rider in the class, explained:

"After an excellent first year with TAS Racing, claiming a Superstock 1000 title, I’m absolutely thrilled to be given the chance to step up to the Superbike class. I'm very grateful to the Philip and the Tyco BMW team to be given this opportunity. It shows they truly believe in me, and I will in return give my absolute all next season. What better way to enter into the official British Superbike Championship, than with the brand new BMW S1000RR! I’m so pumped to go testing and get things rolling into 2019."

Christian Iddon delivered performances this year that were nothing short of heroic, but with some scores to settle, the tenacious Stockport rider is excited at the prospect of another year ahead with the Moneymore based team and racing the much anticipated new BMW S1000RR:

"Obviously I'm really happy to be back with TAS Racing for another year in the Superbike class. We have an exciting year ahead with the launch of the new BMW S1000RR - I can't wait to get riding the new bike after hearing such great things about it. Both myself and the team feel we have unfinished business so we will be looking to put that right in 2019. I'm genuinely grateful for their continued support."

[Image: Farmer&IddonwithTYCO.jpg]

Philip Neill - Team Manager:

"Firstly, I am extremely pleased to confirm Tyco as our title partner for 2019. We continue our association with them in the British championship, which is our fourth year as the Official BMW Motorrad team.

On the rider front, we are pleased to confirm that Christian will remain with us for another season, and equally happy to announce that Keith will also stay in Tyco BMW livery, albeit, he makes the step up to the Superbike division.

For me the decision with Christian was simple. We have both invested a lot in each other and he clearly has the talent to succeed in BSB - so together with the new model RR, I firmly believe 2019 can be his year.

With Keith the decision was also quite simple. We asked him to do a job for us in the Superstock class in 2018 and he delivered the championship, which was fantastic. We are under no illusions, the step up to Superbike is a significant one; however we believe Keith has the ability to deliver at any level, and although we should anticipate a settling in period - we do expect to see him running at the front during 2019.

Thank you once again to our many loyal racing partners. We look forward to doing it all again with you in 2019."

Phil Dashey – Vice President Global Sales, Tyco:

"We are delighted to confirm our continued support into 2019 for the TAS Racing team. Collectively, they and the British Superbike Championship have represented our brand proudly and professionally. This has enabled millions around the globe to get behind our world class security products, just as much as the riders themselves.

Not forgetting the thousands of fans who attend the events and experience the action, live and up close. 2019 brings one of the biggest and exciting changes to the various team and rider combinations in recent history, so there will be some surprises along the way – but with our continuity in the team as a whole, we feel in a good position to challenge for the title."

23-11-2018, 05:22 PM
Website Find Reply