Can anyone help identify this TT turn?
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 40
RE: Can anyone help identify this TT turn?
(01-01-2019, 10:20 PM)montoya66 Wrote: Hello this is my first post.  I inherited photos and slides from the 1971 TT which I'd very much like to identify.
This slide is marked 'TT' but the bikes look more like production racers than GP bikes? so wondering if this is the Manx GP?
I am obviously not local to the Isle of Man (sorry for that) and I've perused many online images of many locations on the island,
but cannot find any building that looks remotely similar to the one in the photo .. possibly torn down?

Brief question is... can anyone please identify the name of this corner and the establishment in the background?
TIA, regards and happy new year, steve

[Image: iom_question.jpg]

Right, I'm 99% sure that the first rider on the 125 Honda is Nev Watts.  The helmet design would be correct for him.  I don't think this shot was taken during a race though.  The 2nd bike looks to have green number plates, indicating a 250, so I think this is a practice shot.  Borje Jansson was entered in the 250 on a 'Yamasaki'  but I'm not convinced its him.  The aspect of the pic is a bit skewed making the 2nd bike very narrow but it could be something like a 250 Ducati - there was one in the race ridden by a J McNeil about whom I know absolutely nothing!  Is it possible to make out the rider's number in the original shot?
03-01-2019, 07:01 PM
Website Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can anyone help identify this TT turn? - by sticky - 03-01-2019, 07:01 PM