COSTELLO HEADS TO TT AFTER GREAT FORM AT NORTHWEST 200
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
COSTELLO HEADS TO TT AFTER GREAT FORM AT NORTHWEST 200
[Image: MariaCpreTT.jpg]

MARIA COSTELLO MBE is looking forward to the Isle of Man TT with great anticipation after matching her best ever Supertwin finish at the International North West 200.

The Northamptonshire based motorcycle racer was delighted with her effort in her first road race outing on her new Mark Coverdale Paton.

Costello claimed 13th place in the Thursday evening Supertwin race won by Stefano Bonetti, who became the first Italian and only the fourth overseas rider ever to win at the International North West 200.

Maria said:

“I’m delighted with matching my personal best finish, that’s a massive bonus considering it was my first time on the Paton on real roads, and it felt even better to do it in front of such great fans, I always get the warmest of welcomes at the NW200.”

“Every lap was a valuable opportunity to learn the new bike and the chance to make the bike ‘mine’. I’m over the moon with my new team and mechanic as all the adjustments and changes we made had a positive impact on lap times, giving us a great base to work from as we head to the Isle of Man to compete in the TT Lightweight class.”

Maria is again the only female solo competition at this year's Isle of Man TT races but she will also be making her TT sidecar debut and could become the first woman to race both a sidecar and solo at the TT races.

Costello, whose achievements on the Isle of Man include being a former TT female lap record holder, being the first woman to step onto the podium in a race at the Manx Grand Prix and being a Classic TT podium finisher, will have Julie Canipa as her passenger.

Costello added:

I’m not only racing the Paton but I’ll also be racing my LCR sidecar as an all-female team, so this TT is going to be really special!.”

“Massive thanks to Mark Coverdale and all my sponsors for making this possible and to my mechanic Chris and all my team plus Moto Shox for all their hard work and to the amazing fans, marshals, volunteers, supporters and all who make the racing happen.

Thanks also to Mervyn and all his team at the NW200 for making me feel so welcome and to that team and Alison Clarke for giving me the opportunity to work on stage with Logie and really be part of the event.

Isle of Man TT practice commences on Sunday the 26th May with Maria taking to the track on three wheels in the sidecar newcomers lap followed by Lightweight practice.

For the latest news on Costello, including sponsorship opportunities, track days for women and other events, please visit her website at http://www.costelloracing.com.

[Image: mariaclogo.jpg]
26-05-2019, 08:19 AM
Website Find Reply