MEN OF THE MEETING
Anonymous
Unregistered

MEN OF THE MEETING
Well I think they all (ladies included!!!!) deserve rewarding and I thank every one who competed for entertaining us all!!

Of special note tho is obviously John McGuinness 3 wins, asecond and a third at record breaking pace!! Well done John you deserve it after all the hassel getting bikes and teams over the last couple of years! Good luck with Hawk.

Ryan for riding through the pain barrier and after an unlucky start to the week at last the win....hopefully the first of many!!

To Archie for proving his doubters wrong and scooping the big one for the second year running!
So pleased for you

To Bruce, Molly and Chris on your wins - superb!!

To Gary Carswell and the HM Sports Motorhomes team - Brilliant!!!! How're the heads??!!!

To Richard Britton for always being so positive and smiling through whatever is thrown your way - an inspiration. Hope your wife is soon back to 100% well.

And to MARTIN FINNIGAN for being the scariest most exciting rider to watch through all corners all week!! Cheers to the best tyre tester on the Island!!

To the organisers, marshalls, fans, and everyone involved Thanks it was one of the best yet ( to my suprise!) Don't lose the 125/400/250's though - please let them continue!!!!!!
14-06-2004, 09:12 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: MEN OF THE MEETING
Don't forget . ... there are many riders who will 'only' ! achieve their own personal best.

This after a whole year of preparation, there is also the possibility of making the fortnight very costly and painfull.

However I for one cannot praise the top riders enough, I try to compete and feel that this contributes to my appreciation of their commitment

Couperman
( Slightly secondhand sidecar driver, ownee of secondhand sidecar and friend of a well battered passenger.
14-06-2004, 11:00 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ray Porter and Guy Martin
14-06-2004, 11:44 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Guy Martin for me as MOTM just for his respect of the Yellow flags and still he got round safe and looked stylish...winner for the future.

Maria Costello for taking Sandra Barnetts seven year old record and becomming the fastest woman.

Couperman for Smiling all the way though the week inspite of various problems and Tonto for putting up with Couperman.

Finally to Barry Sloper for putting up with me in the chair for a fortnight and finally deciding after our non finish on Wednesday to make his one and only retirement from racing after 35 Years, with the promise of no comebacks =(

Old Sidecar Racers don't really retire you know...their leathers just get too tight =)

Regards.

Fitz.

14-06-2004, 11:51 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

They are all Men & ladies of the meeting, however as you mentioned Guy Martin had a great first TT and special mention for Mark Parret who finished all his races and top ten placings in all, well done everyone.
15-06-2004, 06:02 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re:WO- MEN OF THE MEETING
Ruth and Helen for becoming the first all woman sidecar team to finish a TT. They will be back and better next year. Well done!
Maria did well, and don't forget Elle Forrest's tremendous achievement at Billown...first woman to win a class in any road race, and boy did she do it in style.
15-06-2004, 07:11 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re:WO- MEN OF THE MEETING
Olivers Mount {Terry} and Lavina Cooke for all the tex messages.
15-06-2004, 08:40 AM