Help !
Anonymous
Unregistered

Help !
Can you help. .... Due to unfortuneate circumstances we ended up trying to fly over Ballaugh on lap 2 of the sidecar 'B' race. Does anyone have photos or video. ... I.m not sure I want to watch/see.

PS Helen (The Witch) I hope to be back next year with a top class machine. .. need pit crew .. wot about southern. ...
14-06-2004, 09:34 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Help !
Hello, Couperman...you need to get proper flying lessons from Cargo! I hear you are more than a little bashed up. Hope it heals up quickly. Might see you at EF on Sunday if I get through. If not, see you soon...I'll be at the Knockhill Superbikes, and then I'm off to the S100 in about 27/28 days...
14-06-2004, 10:34 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

By the way, you need arnica for those bruises...
14-06-2004, 10:38 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I suppose you agree Mr T Baker esq for the bike
14-06-2004, 10:50 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh, definitely!
14-06-2004, 11:01 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

with referance to flying lessons from me.......my flying days are over however bouncing, sliding and generally falling over are right up my street just now.
Just what does arnica do for bruises and what can you suggest for broken bones and shattered egos
14-06-2004, 11:42 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Couperman,

I lost track of you in the Paddock...did you catch up with the Sidecar Crew who put you in the wall?....I so wanted to be there when you did.

Anyways, Good job on getting qualified for the second race, just sorry it did not go batter for you, still not to be downhearted...only 50 More weeks till you can do it all again =)

Cya Soon Mate, best regards to Tonto.

Fitz.

14-06-2004, 11:44 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is that Couperman or Superman?
One of them can leap over tall buildings?
We know Cargo flys like an angel.
15-06-2004, 12:27 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Flies like an angel
Lands like a brick
Come this way
And I'll teach ya that trick
15-06-2004, 05:14 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Welcome to the CPRS (Car Park Racing Society,) Cargo lol lol lol
15-06-2004, 08:36 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cargo,
You must have got the taste for those car parks while you were at the Northwest???

However, I know your skin is thick enough to bounce back again.

See you soon.

Chas.

BTW...The Suzy was going well at the S100 Steampacket Races last Sat..
17-06-2004, 12:23 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry Couperman - no photo or video evidence, your speed and height caught us totally unawares!! Very spectacular landing, well saved - hope neither of you were too battered.
We spectators thought you were trying to nick that hay bail to take home for the pet rabbit!
17-06-2004, 04:48 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nice to know that the unintentional disaster was at least appreciated.

The circumstances immediately prior to the short flight may not have been apparent. After following another outfit from cronk-y-voddy and nearly running into the back of it on numerous occassions ( including an incident at Handleys where to aviod collision I clipped the wall) it became apparent that the passenger did not intend to look behind. No choice I had to decide where to pass...... experience told me that I would be quicker through Alpine .. I held back, got the run through intending to pass on the run into Ballaugh. When the driver in front took the racing line it left me plenty of room on the right. Last minute he pulled across and my chair wheel hit his back wheel. Strange approach to the bridge, but no complaints in respect of the driver, his passenger had not advised him that there was a bike close behind. (Hope your foot/ankle is OK). Awyway ..=- -==- The few seconds it took to settle the bike robbed us of quality braking time... ... result ... Ballaugh at 30 ? + too fast.

Well that's racing.

Moral : If the passenger had looked behind between Ballacraine (7 miles) and Ballaugh (14 miles) Then I may not be nursing a fractured sternum, my bike may not be so secondhand.

No names .. etc I will also point out that I spent a fair amount of time advising my passenger of the importance of looking behind to avoid this situation.

Water under the proverbial bridge.... please, please,,, ... passengers look behind at the TT and get a good tic-tac set up with your driver.

Keep safe and well.

Couperman
17-06-2004, 10:24 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Duckstar.

Ta much. I will keep looking.

<A HREF="mailto:couperman@eastfortune.co.uk">couperman@eastfortune.co.uk</A>
17-06-2004, 10:27 PM