Sunday brings no luck for Ryuichi Kiyonari at Donington Park
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Sunday brings no luck for Ryuichi Kiyonari at Donington Park
[Image: KiyoDonnyRace2.jpg]

Ryuichi Kiyonari experienced a challenging race day today at Donington Park. During the Superpole sprint race the Japanese rider crashed out, together with other five riders, at the Melbourne Loop, when another bike left fluid on the track after suffering a technical problem.

In the second Superbike race, Kiyonari could not find good enough pace and rounded out the race outside of the points zone, in sixteenth position.

WorldSBK action will resume immediately with round nine already set to take place at the legendary track of Laguna Seca in California next weekend.

Ryuichi Kiyonari 23 - Superpole Race: RET - Race2: 16th

“Today was tough, starting with a crash in the Superpole race where I hit my hands quite hard. We could not avoid it, there was something on the track and a lot of riders went down at the same moment. Anyway, even if I still have some pain it’s really nothing serious and it will soon be fine, luckily. I’m particularly disappointed about Race 2, because I know how it feels to be fast at this track and today I was far from it. I was not able to find the same feeling I had yesterday. We will continue to try our best next weekend.”

[Image: MoriwakiHdr.jpg]
07-07-2019, 09:10 PM
Website Find Reply