Milky's Snap
Anonymous
Unregistered

Milky's Snap
PLEASE does anyone have a photograph of Milky Quayle actually on his Shuttleworth Snap.......

Unfortunately he was late for the Stamps launch at Bushys and we can not find any pictures taken that evening..
Can anyone help ??

Can Milky help ?

We have a good one of him with TTFAN in the F1 paddock looking at Glen English's little model of the "Snap"...

Was Glen promoting his excellent model during the Formby centenary ??
16-06-2004, 04:02 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Milky's Snap
Hi Ian, have you tried Milky's website?
16-06-2004, 04:42 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm sure some of the people at the Joey Dunlop night will have taken photos of the dear boy, singing his heart out on the Snap.
16-06-2004, 06:30 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Snaps and Errors
Thank you for your suggestions..
In the meantime I punched Shuttleworth Snap into Yahoo and came up with some interesting results, including a number of actually built and active machines dotted round the country.

One of these is <A HREF="http://www.members.lycos.co.uk/leeaustin/shuttleworth">www.members.lycos.co.uk/leeaustin/shuttleworth</A>
Look out breakers, here I come.

Might I point out an error in the New George Frormby Stamps publicity literature..
George did not win on the Snap....for that was down the cliffs at Port Jack...No, he won on the works Rainbow..

Also I feel that as a George Formby fan I would like to correct the information given out by radio, TV and video..

He did NOT crash at Ballacraine....It were another rider who the commentator THOUGHT was George but corrected his statement in time, in good Radio TT fashion.

17-06-2004, 11:05 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Irish freelancer Gavin Caldwell was the official photographer at the TT Chat Show 2004 and took pictures of Milky on the bike and singing. Contact him for any requirements.

Paul
17-06-2004, 05:02 PM