2005 and beyond Part 2
Anonymous
Unregistered

2005 and beyond Part 2
Delighted with the response to my comments, I'm going to extract all the relevant remarks (good and bad) and try to go on to the next stage over the weekend when I have a little time.It's a bit like the Super Mario Computer games,.....got to get to the end of stage one before we move on.Mind you I couldn't do them, so it doesn't bode well!
Gail, thanks for your interest, I'm not riding this year's Manx, my sponsor asked me if I would like to ride next year, and I said yes.Phil Morris is a superb sponsor, but he only does things right or not at all. There were various reasons why I was unavailable this year, and there were various reasons why Phil's bikes were unavailable this year.
Ian, thanks for your note, you made some very interesting suggestions, I'll respond over the weekend.
17-06-2004, 10:32 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: 2005 and beyond Part 2
There, Nick, I have elicited at least one posted response from someone I have in mind......Kevin Ago Murphy who is "at home" on a naked 600 as is Giorgio Cantalupo and many more world wide TT potentials...They CRAVE for a class of such machines and the class could represent many other manufacturers other than the BIG FOUR.

Will we see Hornets, Fazers, triumphs, Ducati M'series and similar machines up to 700 cc ??

Going up to 1000cc may change the concept but you might find some keen lad willing to race on a Multistrada !!!

Thanks, Ago, it is you and your other class members that I am trying to direct this suggestion of a "new" up to 700cc class of machines SUITABLE for the newcomers in the TT of coming years..

More response please........Maybe this is the 400cc class reborn >???
17-06-2004, 03:05 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

There, Nick, I have elicited at least one posted response from someone I have in mind......Kevin Ago Murphy who is "at home" on a naked 600 as is Giorgio Cantalupo and many more world wide TT potentials...They CRAVE for a class of such machines and the class could represent many other manufacturers other than the BIG FOUR.

Will we see Hornets, Fazers, Triumphs, Ducati M'series and similar machines up to 700 cc ??

Going up to 1000cc may change the concept but you might find some keen lad willing to race on a Multistrada !!!

Thanks, Ago, it is you and your other class members that I am trying to direct this suggestion of a "new" up to 700cc class of machines SUITABLE for the newcomers in the TT of coming years..

More response please........Maybe this is the 400cc class reborn >???
17-06-2004, 03:05 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nick et al

Have a look at the article in the attached link

<A HREF="http://www.iomonline.co.im/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=870&ArticleID=808464">http://www.iomonline.co.im/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=870&ArticleID=808464</A>

Obviously the top riders want the classes to be kept! - Anstey, Lougher, Harris & Archibald are quoted.

Gordon
17-06-2004, 09:11 PM