T T (Interest)
Anonymous
Unregistered

T T (Interest)
Having returned from one of the best TT's ever can I say thanks to Manx MCC for their hard work putting on this years TT. I worked in the pit lane for 2 weeks. May I make a suggestion to the organizers, during practice week there were a lot of people on the grandstand, might it not be worthwhile to light up the MPH Board and also give out lap times so people on grandstand other than TT fans can be shown whats going on. Hope you all enjoyed your TT see you all next year,

Cheers BARNSIE
27-06-2004, 06:33 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: T T (Interest)
I'll second all that, Barnesie. I marshalled at the bottom of Bray and met a great crowd there. Hope to marshal with them again at the Manx.The atmosphere in the paddock area the days I spent there was fantastic, as usual, and anyone who suggests that McGuinness, Archi, Anstey, Lougher, Farquhar etc are in some way inferior is living on another planet. Close racing, races within races, what more could we ask for (and sidecars, best of all, of course!!)
27-06-2004, 06:51 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Even listening on the radio from here the racing was riveting. Well done everyone, MMCC and the riders for a record breaking TT. With 6 laps it will be even better next year.
28-06-2004, 01:07 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Obviously there are still things that could be better, but with an event the size of the TT, you can never please everyone. I wonder which year it was that they got everything right?? The wish to do it the best possible is there, and it heartened me no end to see how many Southern100 people are actually involved. This was of course in the few minutes they had to spare between running the Pre-TT Classic and the Steam Packet races after the event...an indication of the kind of club they are, is that as Gail and I left Billown in the van about 9 at night on the Saturday after the TT Phil Taubman and George Peach waved merrily at us as they pulled down the scrutineering tent. Thank you to the MMRC, the S100 Club and all the others who, mostly in a voluntary capacity, gave us such a wonderful fortnight. Most of all, thank you to all the riders.See you next year...actually, see some of you in a couple of weeks at the S100
28-06-2004, 06:14 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Don,

Hope the sidecars ain't six laps, seven and a half gallons on board at the bottom of Brae Hill was plenty wouldn't like a shot with '15G'.
28-06-2004, 09:54 PM