CRUTCHLOW UPBEAT AHEAD OF SECOND SPIELBERG SHOWDOWN
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
CRUTCHLOW UPBEAT AHEAD OF SECOND SPIELBERG SHOWDOWN
[Image: LCRhdr.jpg]

LCR Honda CASTROL rider Cal Crutchlow remains in optimistic mood as the MotoGP field prepare to do battle at the Red Bull Ring in Austria again this weekend. The Spielberg-based venue plays host to the Grand Prix of Styria – round six of the rearranged 2020 schedule – and the Briton is looking to make use of his learnings from last week’s event at the layout.

Crutchlow had to settle for 15th in what was a dramatic restarted race, but feels he can make a much bigger impact this time around. While accepting there is work to do on the set-up of his bike, the 34-year-old is confident of another positive result at a circuit where he placed fourth back in 2018.

The briton took part today in the first ever virtual event of the 2020 season. “The Virtual Green Carpet” consists of 4 camera stations set up where riders have the chance to speak to and answer fan questions as they enter the paddock. This activity was created as a way of maintaining a connection between riders and fans in our sport.

[Image: CrutchlowpreAustria2.jpg]

Cal Crutchlow

“After the first race in Austria, I’m thoroughly looking forward to trying again this weekend to do a good job for the team and for Honda. We look forward to seeing if we can improve the bike and improve my feeling with the 2020 machine. I think in the second part of the race last weekend I started to make some improvements, but we need to understand how the tyre works with the bike and also the tyre itself over the race distance, which I’ve never really had a problem with before. If we can understand that, I think we can make improvements and look forward to a good dry weekend here in Austria and get a good result.”

21-08-2020, 01:10 PM
Website Find Reply