Successful Silverstone test for Honda Racing UK
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Successful Silverstone test for Honda Racing UK
[Image: HondaRacing.jpg]

Honda Racing UK got its 2021 British Superbike Championship campaign off to a flying start during a two-day test (Wednesday and Thursday) at Silverstone's National Circuit with Glenn Irwin, Ryo Mizuno and Takumi Takahashi improving their lap times and striding forward aboard the Honda CBR1000RR-R Fireblade SP.

Despite cool conditions and occasional spots of rain at the Northamptonshire circuit, the Honda team made the most of their time on track working through various settings. Glenn enjoyed being reunited with his race-winning Fireblade SP and set an incredible lap time in the penultimate session this afternoon, posting the fastest ever BSB lap of the National circuit by 0.009s (53.139s).

New recruits Ryo and Takumi enjoyed their first taste of the British Championship. Adapting quickly to Silverstone's shorter layout, both improved their times throughout the eight sessions working up the time sheets, where on the combined times Takumi ended the test 18th and Ryo 19th respectively.

The team now has a quick turnaround before the second Bennetts British Superbike Championship pre-season test takes place next week (4/5/6 May) at Snetterton.

[Image: GlenIrwinSilverstone.jpg]

Results from the pre-season test at Silverstone can be viewed here:

Wednesday 28 April: BSB

Session 1
Session 2
Session 3
Session 4

Thursday 29 April: BSB

Session 5
Session 6
Session 7
Session 8

Combined times

#2 Glenn Irwin

It has been a really productive test and one of two halves; yesterday the pace was slower than last year and you put it down to conditions, but it was also similar conditions today. I think we all know how to ride, but I think you forget all the niche things that make you compete at this level and I feel we did that better today.

I improved today and we had a lot that we needed to get through here. We tried some new things that we thought might not even work, but the lap time in the third session was really good and I was happy.

In the final session I was on another faster lap so I was buzzing, but I came across another rider in the last sector so didn’t get to complete it, but it has been a good day and the team have worked amazing. We can’t be complacent as we don’t know what everyone else is working on, but I feel strong and we can now look forward to the next test at Snetterton.
30-04-2021, 11:56 AM
Website Find Reply