John McPhee ends day one in Germany on top
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
John McPhee ends day one in Germany on top
[Image: SachsenringFridayMcPheeNo.jpg]

PETRONAS Sprinta Racing’s John McPhee proved to be the one to beat in the hot conditions at the Sachsenring circuit on the opening day of the German GP weekend.

It was a strong start to the day for John, who showed that two years away from Sachsenring has not dented his speed. The Scot ended the morning’s FP1 session at the top of the timing screens with a 1min 26.739secs lap. Continuing where he left off, John held the top spot in FP2 for the majority of the session with a time of 1min 27.844secs. Although he slipped down the order to 11th, his morning time could not be beaten and he ended the day on top.

Action will resume tomorrow with Free Practice 3 at 9am local time (3pm MYT), ahead of the two Moto3 Qualifying sessions that start at 12.35pm local time (6.35pm MYT).

John McPhee -  1st (1’26.739)

It’s been a solid day and I’m happy with the progress we’ve made today. It was nice that we were able to immediately attack in FP1. We finished the session fastest overall and only seven tenths off the lap record, which on a green track is great. We spent all of FP2 on a used tyre, except for the final lap but I had to roll out of it because of yellow flags. We had really good race pace on these tyres so overall it’s been good. There are a couple of things to work on but we can use FP3 to try to find the best overall set up for qualifying. I’m looking forward to the rest of the weekend.

[Image: johnmcpheelogo.jpg]

18-06-2021, 06:48 PM
Website Find Reply