Michael swann Retires!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Michael swann Retires!!
Michael swann announced his retirement with a treble at aghadowey today!Wot a servant to the sport!!Just wish he would have stayed on the Roads!He would have won many more international races and achieved the the status he deserved!
17-10-2004, 12:33 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Michael swann Retires!!
Sorry I will never see him race again. He is a master. Like you I think he is under-rated, because he didn't do the roads.
A great rider, and an amazing blues singer.
17-10-2004, 01:01 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

swanny DID race on the roads but chose to stop and concentrate on short curcuits.
He was a 350cc road race champion in 1980 soemthing and did the TT as well
17-10-2004, 01:59 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I never saw him race on the roads, but I wish I had. I'm a big Swanny fan! (Also, of course, I am a big Cargo fan!!)
17-10-2004, 03:17 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah i remember him on the Roads(even though i was a pup)in the late 80s!!i think his final road race was carrowdore 89 when Big sam was killed.
17-10-2004, 10:49 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nearly right Martin it was after Killalane 1989 that Mike finished with the roads.
It was a descision that cost him in terms of bikes to ride for a long time.
18-10-2004, 06:04 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

True Cargo!True,i forgot about the killilane!
18-10-2004, 08:06 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re Swanny on roads, he rode at Manx gp, and was leading the jnr newcomers , before mechanical gremlins set in , and i recall him riding the TT on 500 rg suzuki for John Rea, with brand new Shell oils Leathers!
Swanny , without doubt one of the most popular guys in the sport, and WILL be sorely missed.
29-10-2004, 08:35 PM