Well, how good was that then!
H2pots Offline

Threads: 11
Well, how good was that then!
Brilliant TT this year. Great weather, stellar racing and superb watching.

I met up with different mates at different times of the week.

I've talked to loads of people I've never met before, from all over the world.

Watched from....
Church at union mills
Barregarrow crossroads
Glen duff
Sarahs cottage
Glen Helen 2 (helicopter field)
St Andrews church (adjacent to st ninians).

Up early, out early, parked early, planted early.... All brilliant spots if you get there early enough.

I'm sun burnt and satisfied.

I'VE SEEN NO RAIN hahaha, rained during the night last night,,wet roads on the island as i headed for the early heysham ferry this morning. What a week.

Roll on the manx now, I've booked more sunshine!

Hope you all had a great TT too.

=======================================================================
See you on the island
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2023, 03:50 PM by H2pots.)
11-06-2023, 03:48 PM
Find Reply
Chris_Sav Offline
Administrator

Threads: 133
RE: Well, how good was that then!
Great TT, no majors marshalling apart from the pheasant.

Warm ups I found a bit tedious.

Captain's gone quiet on the reports, anyone heard from him? Hope he's ok
[Image: chris-quill-blue.gif]Laurel Bank II Marshal, Classic TT & Manx GP
(This post was last modified: 13-06-2023, 09:04 AM by Chris_Sav.)
12-06-2023, 08:48 AM
Find Reply
AntG Offline

Threads: 3
Fantastic TT, brilliant racing, brilliant weather, the only gripes I've had are - the pathetic turnout for the 100 years sidecar lap, 3 outfits? I couldn't believe it, I mean I'm not the biggest fan of the chairs anyway(though I do respect what they do) but I thought for such an occasion the organisers could have sorted something more substantial, kind of felt sorry for the ones who did go out.

The other gripe is Michael Dunlop fans on social media, I'm a big fan of Michael but why do his fans feel the need to vilify anyone who challenges him? They did it with Hutchy a few years ago and now they're doing it with Hickman, wild accusations of cheating and even calling Hickman arrogant, Hicky seems the most chilled guy in the paddock, arrogant is the last thing I'd accuse him of being.

Anyway I'd like to end this post by paying tribute to Raul Torras Martinez, a great road racing enthusiast and came across as a really nice fellow on the couple of occasions I've met him, may he rest in peace.
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2023, 09:12 AM by AntG.)
12-06-2023, 09:11 AM
Find Reply
Smokin Haddock Racing Offline

Threads: 8
That was one of the best. Unusual to have to jet wash stuff when I got home due to the dust!
12-06-2023, 06:59 PM
Find Reply
Revvin rich Offline

Threads: 71
What a great 10 days me and the misses have had superb racing met a load of new friends from the town where I live and the weather was brilliant which added up to a great TT I hope you all had a fantastic TT .Roll on next year.
12-06-2023, 07:55 PM
Find Reply
Nasher Offline

Threads: 31
Well, I for one was very disappointed

I was looking forward to a nice break

When I got there, instead on the Wind, Rain and Gales I'd been promised, it was horribly hot and sunny

In addition, it was full of loud, noisy, dirty, smelly motorbikes

Horrible, just Horrible!!!

But seriously, inferring I'd just made free with the humour, absolutely fabulous 2 and a bit weeks (ferry tomorrow morning) great weather, lovely people, thrashing my 1972 race honda around the most amazing race track in he World, great racing, meeting old friends and making new ones - brilliant just brilliant

Less than 10 weeks until the Manx, can't wait, already booked for TT 2024

My first TT was in 1976 and I'm just as excited now as I was then
12-06-2023, 08:08 PM
Find Reply
H2pots Offline

(12-06-2023, 08:08 PM)Nasher Wrote: My first TT was in 1976 and I'm just as excited now as I was then

I'm the same, bar ten years. My first visit was in 1986. I were saying the same thing to someone, I'm buzzing every year, just like the first year. It never gets old does it!

See you on the island
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2023, 10:02 PM by H2pots.)
12-06-2023, 10:02 PM
Find Reply
Sam Pato Offline

Threads: 24
(12-06-2023, 09:11 AM)AntG Wrote: Fantastic TT, brilliant racing, brilliant weather, the only gripes I've had are - the pathetic turnout for the 100 years sidecar lap, 3 outfits? I couldn't believe it, I mean I'm not the biggest fan of the chairs anyway(though I do respect what they do) but I thought for such an occasion the organisers could have sorted something more substantial, kind of felt sorry for the ones who did go out.

The other gripe is Michael Dunlop fans on social media, I'm a big fan of Michael but why do his fans feel the need to vilify anyone who challenges him? They did it with Hutchy a few years ago and now they're doing it with Hickman, wild accusations of cheating and even calling Hickman arrogant, Hicky seems the most chilled guy in the paddock, arrogant is the last thing I'd accuse him of being.

Just from afar the coverage was excellent - although I did find myself preferring to listen to Manx radio than the TTPlus commentators - which meant there was a delay between voice and pictures.  

WRT MD Fans: I don't have any social media but I did post something on another forum to say that it should be remembered that all of MD's wins came in hotly contested classes - so a real achievement (I prefaced this with my genuine respect for anyone who competes at TT / MGP).  Some pillock managed to turn that into me insulting the memory of Joey and Robert (for winning in smaller classes) and that if MD heard it I'd probably be carried out on my back as a result.

Just nuts. 

Agree on the sidecar lap - where were the Hanks / Biggs / Bodice outfits?  The whole sidecar thing is looking decidedly sketchy at the moment.  I think 24 on the grid for the second race.

Does anyone know why Dave Hewson pulled out of the meeting?
Warning Level 0% since 2006
12-06-2023, 11:57 PM
Find Reply
Sam Pato Offline

Threads: 24
Just re-read my post and it sounds like I'm having a gripe - so wanted to clarify that the positives vastly out weighed any negatives. A fantastic TT. The only real improvement for me (apart from being there) would have been a win for Dean Harrison who was visibly riding the wheels off his bikes but under powered.
Warning Level 0% since 2006
13-06-2023, 03:03 AM
Find Reply
Chris_Sav Offline
Administrator

Threads: 133
(12-06-2023, 08:08 PM)Nasher Wrote: thrashing my 1972 race honda around the most amazing race track in he World, p

Think you passed me on my aged BSA at gooseneck yesterday, sounded glorious and left me for dead.
[Image: chris-quill-blue.gif]Laurel Bank II Marshal, Classic TT & Manx GP
13-06-2023, 10:12 AM
Find Reply
Spartacus Offline

Threads: 10
(12-06-2023, 08:08 PM)Nasher Wrote: Well, I for one was very disappointed

I was looking forward to a nice break

When I got there, instead on the Wind, Rain and Gales I'd been promised, it was horribly hot and sunny

In addition, it was full of loud, noisy, dirty, smelly motorbikes

Horrible, just Horrible!!!

But seriously, inferring I'd just made free with the humour, absolutely fabulous 2 and a bit weeks (ferry tomorrow morning) great weather, lovely people, thrashing my 1972 race honda around the most amazing race track in he World, great racing, meeting old friends and making new ones - brilliant just brilliant

Less than 10 weeks until the Manx, can't wait, already booked for TT 2024

My first TT was in 1976 and I'm just as excited now as I was then

Nasher what Honda have you?
13-06-2023, 01:33 PM
Find Reply
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 40
Met some nice people and shot 54Gb of photos Icon_eek so all my non-dog walking and sleeping time will be devoted to editing, especially with two more Island visits coming up.

Went wildlife snapping on off days - saw 40 or 50 seals sunbathing at Point of Ayre until they were scared into the sea by a noisy Frechman, got punked by an Arctic Tern and saw some important early steps in the life of some baby Choughs.

I think there was some racing too... Icon_razz

Somehow I went the whole fortnight without eating fish & chips.  Is that a TT record?
(This post was last modified: 13-06-2023, 09:39 PM by sticky.)
13-06-2023, 09:38 PM
Website Find Reply
Nasher Offline

(13-06-2023, 10:12 AM)Chris_Sav Wrote: Think you passed me on my aged BSA at gooseneck yesterday, sounded glorious and left me for dead.

Guilty as charged!
13-06-2023, 10:03 PM
Find Reply
Nasher Offline

(13-06-2023, 01:33 PM)Spartacus Wrote: Nasher what Honda have you?

Bike number 69 (posted by Dommyman) on this page - but mega exhausts added this year

https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/showthr...567&page=5

It's a Honda K4 350
(This post was last modified: 13-06-2023, 10:08 PM by Nasher.)
13-06-2023, 10:06 PM
Find Reply
Alfie Noakes Offline
Administrator

Threads: 13
(12-06-2023, 08:48 AM)Chris_Sav Wrote: Great TT, no majors marshalling apart from the pheasant.

Warm ups I found a bit tedious.

Captain's gone quiet on the reports, anyone heard from him? Hope he's ok

Likewise with Response Cars - much better numbers and organisation this year, assisted greatly by marshals happily moving to/trying out new sectors and flags stations where they haven't been before or signing up for Sector 00 where final destination is unknown with starting from Grandstand and usually a ride in a Response car - thanks all. We did have geese on the road at one point just after KM but soon dealt with.

Dues respects and thoughts for Raul - spent an afternoon with him at Windy Corner and ran him back to paddock afterwards after his 600 expired on the approach to Windy .. he was a very genuine and TT enthusiastic guy and typically never more happy than when out on the TT Course.

Ref warm up laps - i'd rather see another morning or afternoon practice session added to the schedule than the addition of single laps per race day which already extends the day and adds further potential to a race being delayed.

See you later Chris to discuss plaque etc ..
(This post was last modified: 14-06-2023, 09:02 AM by Alfie Noakes.)
14-06-2023, 08:59 AM
Find Reply
Spartacus Offline

(13-06-2023, 10:06 PM)Nasher Wrote: Bike number 69 (posted by Dommyman) on this page - but mega exhausts added this year

https://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/showthr...567&page=5

It's a Honda K4 350

Yes you passed me too somewhere. Sounds sweet. I was on a 1977 Honda 750 Four Supersport.
There was a gorgeous T Reg Phil Read replica at Peel. Loved it.
14-06-2023, 02:22 PM
Find Reply
Dogsbody Offline

What’s your opinions on spectator numbers? Up, down or about the same as recently?
14-06-2023, 03:00 PM
Find Reply
H2pots Offline

(14-06-2023, 03:00 PM)Dogsbody Wrote: What’s your opinions on spectator numbers? Up, down or about the same as recently?

Very very busy on the first weekend of racing (but that might have been a lot of manx) and busy early race week but thinned out back end of week.

In my opinion

See you on the island
14-06-2023, 10:04 PM
Find Reply
rutolander Offline
Three Star Member

Threads: 14
(13-06-2023, 09:38 PM)sticky Wrote: Met some nice people and shot 54Gb of photos Icon_eek so all my non-dog walking and sleeping time will be devoted to editing, especially with two more Island visits coming up.

Went wildlife snapping on off days - saw 40 or 50 seals sunbathing at Point of Ayre until they were scared into the sea by a noisy Frechman, got punked by an Arctic Tern and saw some important early steps in the life of some baby Choughs.

I think there was some racing too... Icon_razz

Somehow I went the whole fortnight without eating fish & chips.  Is that a TT record?

Choughs still around photographed them last night, my idiot was a man in a rowing boat went straight for the seals as I was filming them makes you wonder if they don't know if don't care.
Racing great
Weather GREAT
Stayed in Square all the time
15-06-2023, 10:20 AM
Find Reply
Spartacus Offline

(14-06-2023, 10:04 PM)H2pots Wrote: Very very busy on the first weekend of racing (but that might have been a lot of manx) and busy early race week but thinned out back end of week.

In my opinion

Exactly what I felt. Race weekend was busy but the rest of the week seemed to slow.
I met my 3 sons from the boat to get them in a taxi. I noticed a lot of people were not getting into taxis but getting onto coaches.
Previous years we have had to wait ages for a taxi due to the amount of people waiting. I counted 5 taxis picking up and then the rest left empty.
The taxi driver said it is the worse he has experienced as there seems to be a lot of people on packages. This was the late sailing to liverpool arriving at 2145 on Thursday 1st June.
(This post was last modified: 15-06-2023, 03:15 PM by Spartacus.)
15-06-2023, 03:09 PM
Find Reply