Classic Superbike Manx Grand Prix - 4 laps

full story here - https://manxgrandprix.co.uk/racing/page/2024-schedule/
19-10-2023, 11:00 AM
Website Find Reply
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 40
RE: Manx GP 2024 dates confirmed
Classic 350s back on the schedule, so an extra race. Good news but I still wish it was a 2 week event...

The clubmans award set up is good too as non-TT riders will have there own award structure which will hopefully attract more riders
(This post was last modified: 19-10-2023, 01:28 PM by sticky.)
19-10-2023, 01:12 PM
Website Find Reply
bsa499 Offline

Threads: 49
(19-10-2023, 01:12 PM)sticky Wrote: Classic 350s back on the schedule, so an extra race.  Good news but I still wish it was a 2 week event...

The clubmans award set up is good too as non-TT riders will have there own award structure which will hopefully attract more riders
Agreed, you're absolutely right on both counts Sticky. The Manx is all a bit rushed now and hopefully the non-TT awards will encourage more competitors to enter. I thought the entry levels for this year's Classic events were pathetic resulting with sometimes less than 30 competitors in action, on an almost 38 mile course? Not good. The MMCC must take some responsibility for the latter as for many years they have allowed TT competitors a 'back door' into the classic races for which then became dominated by them thus discouraging the true amateurs from entering. For me the failure of the Classic TT exemplified this perfectly and demonstrated that the Manx wasn't simply an autumnal version of the TT but was, as originally intended, a pathway to the TT for amateurs.
19-10-2023, 02:11 PM
Find Reply
Nasher Offline

Threads: 31
I was concerned that the centenary would be the last - happily not the case

For me, one of the main issues with the Manx Grand Prix is that very few non fans have ever heard of it - despite having been going for a 100 years

If I tell others (including bikers) that I'm going to the Manx Grand Prix, they haven't got a clue what I'm talking about (they think it's a car rally, presumably because the have heard of the Manx Rally)

In the last 10 years, when not in the IoM, I have always referred to it as the Classic TT and people generally work out what type of event it is

If the powers that be want to increase visitors to the MGP to ensure it brings in sufficient income to the IoM  (and yes it needs to do that if it's going to continue) then I feel they must find ways to better publicise and promote it
(This post was last modified: 20-10-2023, 08:22 AM by Nasher.)
20-10-2023, 08:20 AM
Find Reply