Viewing Points - Advice please
Gleesy Offline

Threads: 4
Viewing Points - Advice please
Hi all,

Back on the island on 31st May after missing the event last year. We're wanting to try some new (to us) viewing spots and was hoping for some advice....

Could anyone provide advice on viewing the races at Kirk Michael (I believe there's an area where you can sit, possibly in the grounds of a church or school, on the inside of the course?). I've also been told to try the "K" trees and The Black Dub....

In the past we've viewed at the Grandstand, Bray Hill, Bradden, Gorse Lea, Ballaugh, Ramsey, The Bungalow and The Creg, but I've heard that the places I'm asking about are well worth a try....

Any advice on viewing at these points would be massively appreciated. We'll be in a car, so need to think about parking as close as we can, plus the Wife will need access to a decent toilet, if possible!!!

Cannot wait to be back at the most exciting sporting event on the planet.........
29-03-2024, 10:04 PM
Find Reply
Alfie Noakes Offline
Administrator

Threads: 13
RE: Viewing Points - Advice please
End of Cronk y Voddy straight is mega fast with big change of direction and you can wander from the crossroads through to the dip - there's a charge for parking/access but well worth it and accessible on closed roads, the spec you mention I think is on the right towards the end of Kirk Michael village, i'm not sure about car parking there have only ever parked a bike, it's on the inside but you can't leave in/on a vehicle once parked up and roads closed. Milntown / Gardeners Lane on approach to Ramsey is accessible on closed roads, not much in the way of facilities but you're only coupla minutes drive to the quayside and shops of Ramsey...
29-03-2024, 10:59 PM
Find Reply
Smokin Haddock Racing Offline

Threads: 8
The K Trees is superb.  There is a car park on the right hand side as you approach in the direction of the course.  Not sure what the charge is, if any.  On site catering, plenty of viewing spots.  Can't remember if there are toilets, but I think so.  Obviously you are stuck there for the duration.

I believe the Black Dub is good but I was put off by the price.
30-03-2024, 01:09 PM
Find Reply
H2pots Offline

Threads: 11
Barregarrow crossroads. Park in the field (small charge) on the inside of the course. Toilets at campsite. No catering at the farm anymore but there's a hot dog van turns up but you're better bringing some nosh and drinks with you.

You can move to brandywell too.

I also like to spend a day in the fields before glen Helen, free parking in the field but no toilets or catering.

The church's are a good shout, morown, union mills, st ninians, all have parking, toilets and catering.

There are loads of places and there is loads of info on here too.

=======================================================================
See you on the island
30-03-2024, 11:06 PM
Find Reply
SILJA Offline

Threads: 38
Conker Fields, with food and toilets, on the inside that extends between the war memorial at Churchtown through to the Caravan. The K is part of the Conkerfields section, as is the Caravan. Small charge to get in, goes to TT related charity. You more or less get to see the areas between Lezayre Churce and Milntown (Pinfold) Cottage. Turn off circuit up loop road by War Memorial. There is the parking. Course bound once roads closed.
Don't be that optimistic! The light in the tunnel can be a train. Sad
31-03-2024, 01:22 PM
Website Find Reply
Revvin rich Offline

Threads: 71
Hi try laurel Bank the chap who owns the field is a really nice chap and let's you watch there and all he wants is a couple of pounds for the helicopter fund and its a good place to watch and you can park your car in the field but you are there for the day.
01-04-2024, 01:58 PM
Find Reply