smoking
Anonymous
Unregistered

smoking
I feel many motorised sports will eventually decline and even collapse without the support of the Tobacco and Alcohol companies.

Bring back the backing of contraceptive companies I say !!

"Buy me and stop one !"

20-12-2004, 02:51 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: smoking
What we need will be sponsorship from the computer firms who win the contract for the government ID cards thing, a bottomless pit of taxpayers money for something which will never work.
20-12-2004, 11:40 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

from a company that has never made anything else work...same lot who run the computers for the FSA, tax etc...
21-12-2004, 07:32 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

This is a subject which has made me so angry for years. I don't smoke and cannot stand being around smokers and I believe we will NEVER stop people from smoking (that's their choice) but what really irks me is that I am denied my beloved sports played at their best because of the ban of cigarette advertising. Tobacco sponsorship really assisted sports to succeed in this country in the past. Wayne Gardner was my hero but when I saw him attired in his gorgeous Rothmans leathers, the last thing I wanted to do was to go out and buy a pack of cigs. Our cricket was heavily sponsored by Benson and Hedges, our Speedway by Winfield, likewise our Rugby League, but alas no more. My favoured sport of speedway struggles so badly, we have no major sponsors but there must be heaps of spare cash in the tobacco companies banks which could assist our young riders to pursue their racing careers. Okay, you may say I'm being hypocritical but everyone I have discussed this matter with agrees with me from an Australian point of view.
22-12-2004, 10:37 AM