Less Ferries
Anonymous
Unregistered

Less Ferries
I booked both ferry journies last August and was made up with the times and the derarture terminal ( Heysham ) and the return ( Liverpool via seacat ), this gave me the oppertunity to watch the senior for the first time and also arrive in time for the formula 1 , brilliant or so i thought.
When the confirmation arrived last week i saw not only had all the times been changed but also the days of departure and return , when i rang the steam packet for an explination i was told that they had taken off quite a few ferries for the TT period and so all the bookings were being juggled around and passengers put on the closest available ferries to the original bookings...the upshot is that now i will have to leave for the ferry half way through the senior and that doesnt leave me too happy...i really dont understand why they are taken ferries out of service at the busiest period of the year....any ideas.
22-02-2005, 02:24 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Less Ferries
23-02-2005, 10:57 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

23-02-2005, 11:59 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

If the TT was marketed correctly the demand would be higher meaning more ferries and the opportunity for the Steam Packet to lower their prices. All of these seem a very unrealistic possibility.
23-02-2005, 01:50 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Less Germans
Since the past 4 years the german ecconomy has been in recession. Many are careful of their money. I remember back in 96 that almost every second bike was from germany.last year there were hardly any. I was able to speak to some northeners who said it is just too expensive. Also the travelagent who has the monopoly for ferry transferes to the iom is saying numbers are down.
23-02-2005, 02:12 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Less Germans
I agree with Hans! The economic situation in Germany and the costs for travelling to the IoM are a problem for much of us! And we have also to pay crossing the channel! When I come first time to the IoM 1995 the North-Sea-Ferry was full of German bikers. Last year we were nearly alone. And it's the same on the IoM.
Michael
23-02-2005, 04:21 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

The one that ran out on 14th Feb excluded TT period, as does every other "offer" I've heard of.
Also marshals can get a discount, but NOT in TT weeks, so what's the ****** point of that?
23-02-2005, 07:17 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

i tried to book myself and bike, but told--full up, BUT i could take the car!!!!!, is this cos they would be getting more money of me??
Not booked anything yet!!
23-02-2005, 10:06 PM