Steam Racket Co?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Steam Racket Co?
03-03-2005, 01:34 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Steam Racket Co?
According to that you should get a free sailing? but wait till after TT the prices reduce.
04-03-2005, 09:53 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

04-03-2005, 10:22 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have also been crossing swords with the Steam Racket Co. today.

Last July, I booked for myself, wife and car for TT week via the web. No problem, - but received no confirmation.

I then later added two more passengers, and after finally managing to get them on the same sailings (another story), this was promptly followed by a booking confirmation from the Racket Co for the two extra passengers. - However, still no confirmation for the original booking for car + 2. A trail of unanswered e-mails did finally result in an e-mail confirmation of the booking.

February arrived, and I received the invoice for the 2 extra passengers only. Telephoned the Racket Co who insisted the other invoice was in the post but probably delayed due to the volume of invoices being set out. I did however take the precaution of paying the final balance for both bookings over the phone with my debit card.

Several days later I received a standard letter apologisising for the delay in sending out invoices and assuring me that they would be following in a few days, but reminding me payment must be made by the end of February!

To date, I have received the travel documents for the 2 extra passengers, but still nothing for the car + 2,- not even the promised invoice!

I telephoned the Racket Co this morning who insisted that they had sent out the missing invoice, and that the payment balance was still outstanding. I argued that they had been paid in full, and finally after much debate the discovered that they had made a mistake. Blame was laid on a new computer system which they are still unfamiliar with!

So, - just because you have paid for your booking, don't assume you are safe from The Racket Co's incompetance!

Perhaps we could get a thread going for the most outrageous Racket Co story?
05-03-2005, 07:03 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh wow! that's going to be a very long thread. However, it might interest the minister of fun, in his efforts to increase numbers of visitors. (Me...I fly across!)
05-03-2005, 07:18 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

They have been using the "new computer system" excuse now for about 10 years (I'm not joking), and frankly it is beyond a joke now.
They are either stupid, incompetent or don't give a toss.
I suspect all three.
05-03-2005, 07:41 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mike, as one of our best ever Road racers(Tom Herron) once said in response to a question.
What do you expect from a pig but a grunt.
I for one feel that the day is fast approaching when the Racket company will get their way and drive the majority of true road race fans away from the TT races!
05-03-2005, 11:37 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the grunt reference! Made my day!

Also, thank you for the reminder of a great man and TT rider.
He was a diamond in the Joey mould.
It was my pleasure to meet him at one of the TT supporters nights that I ran. (anyone go to AIRFIX?)
He wasnt invited directly but turned up anyway because the guest of honour was his brother in law (another great, Peter Williams) Tom aplogise for gate crashing! Then he kindly agreed to do the presentation.
That was an amzing evening. Just a few there were, Tom, Peter Williams, Trevor Irson, the late Chris Guy, Tom Dickie, Eric Oliver and manmy more that I have forgotten.
Thats cheered me up!!

Mike
MV
07-03-2005, 11:31 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

the late chris guy?
how long has chris been gone mike?
ade!
07-03-2005, 01:34 PM