G&D, H&J
Anonymous
Unregistered

G&D, H&J
Welcome home, Gail and David, Hilary and John. Glad to hear Gail put the delay at Gatwick to good use, finding a new friend!Just what I would expect from you, wee yin. Have a great birthday party this wekeend and post all the stories from the trip.
17-03-2005, 06:21 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: G&D, H&J
Haven't heard about the new friend yet, Helen! We are still recuperating from jet lag.It is hitting us really hard this time as we had to return to work with very little sleep.We still have not had our baggage returned and as yet have little good to speak of Continental Airlines.They had to switch our flights home because of a delay in Atlanta and we were put on a 767 instead of a 777 and the seats were like boards.Otherwise it was a good trip with excellent accommodation and too much food.Well done to Neil Hodgson and commiserations to John McGuinness.The set up at Daytona is completely different,with a revised infield and they now only use two turns on the banking instead of all four.There is also more spectator friendly viewing in the paddock area but I can't say I approve of the RV and camping area in the infield as it prevents viewing round the banking,very disappointing.Typical of British circuits where all the prime viewing areas are taken up by hospitality units.
20-03-2005, 03:58 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: G&D, H&J
Yes Helen when we recover from the jetlag whatever
that is !! We have been so busy since we got back
including two days work and a late birthday night out with David's family followed by both of us
competing in athletics events today, pleased to say we both won, well David his race and me the championship, I opted out of the short race coz I
won it with a race to go so I did the long one
and got a good time, nnow I'm ready for the Easter
Festival !! Tired tonight so no more tonight !
20-03-2005, 09:33 PM