Doing a Radcliff
Anonymous
Unregistered

Doing a Radcliff
If any member of the public did what Paula did on Sunday during the Marathon, they'd be done for indecent exposure.

Footballer Keiron Dyer "did it" in an alleyway after a night out and he ended up facing the Bill.

So what happens if a TT Rider has to make a "stop" due to requirements of nature.

Without any indelicate details, what DO you guys (and gals) do.---Seriously !!

I can't see you stopping and doing it on the course, for heavens sake !
20-04-2005, 09:25 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Doing a Radcliff
Perhaps the guy doing the research into dehydration etc and that conducted the study last year can tell us.

I KNOW what I'd do and it doesn't involve stopping.
Having said that I've never once felt the urge maybe thats because I've "been" a dozen times in the last 30 minutes before a race.

When I raced in the newcommers race at the Manx in 1997 I stopped for my pitstop and was struck by how hungry I felt ! !

20-04-2005, 09:42 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I remember one of the RAFMSA team, back in the 70s (Dave Arnold?) stopped somewhere like Alpine, and there was a bit of a panic, until marshalls fed back that he had stopped to "make personal adjustments"! Plenty bushes around the circuit!

20-04-2005, 01:42 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jamie Whitham once said he felt a fart coming on on the start line at Brands Hatch, but unfortunately he followed thru. He said he won the race but Jesus, what a mess his leathers were in.
20-04-2005, 10:29 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

With that following you, you'd be bound to be quick enough to win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
20-04-2005, 10:33 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tour de France riders are faced with this problem every day. They either make a quick stop in the bushes, of take careful note of which way the wind is blowing. They can be fined if modesty is not observed.
I have often wondered why Cargo's team has a plate of fish and chips ready at his refueling stops.
20-04-2005, 11:08 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Alf Tupper?
20-04-2005, 11:22 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Doing a Cargo........
When I raced in the newcommers race at the Manx in 1997 I stopped for my pitstop and was struck by how hungry I felt ! !

Well Cargo you were hungry for that Replica then
and I believe you still are now......but when you
finally get one.........will you be still hungry
enough to eat it???????

I believe it's Cargo's year....he's goner win that
REPLICA !!!!!!!! Now let me take your bets NOW !!
5-1 he'll do it !

heeeee heeeeeeee heeeeeeeee
20-04-2005, 11:24 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Was he in the Victor or was it the Hotspur?
21-04-2005, 10:18 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I remember reading that Trevor Burgess lost a replica because of a long p... stop in the Junior. He had celebrated winning the Production race on the Ossa with too much pop!
21-04-2005, 10:18 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Victor.
He lived off a balance diet of fish and ships and won all his races.
22-04-2005, 10:11 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Past Bob Heath holding the bike with one hand and the snake with the just past Highlander in the Senior back in the early 70s.
22-04-2005, 11:16 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Guess thats what is called, " Syphon the python"
?????

cheers,
Stella
22-04-2005, 10:54 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just a late entry from me as I have been busy.

In the mid 1960s, I was taking a late evening ride from North East Hampshire on my 1926 Ariel ready for an early morning start on the VMCC Coventry to Brighton Run.
The bike has acetylene gas lights. The lights started dimming about the time I reached Nuneaton and required a new charge of calcium carbide. Well you've guessed it, I remembered the carbide but forgot the water. I had to nip behind a tree in the dark. It was not an easy job as the filler hole was very small and the little water tank had to be filled using "great pressure".
Anyway, nature saved the day (night?) and I was able to continue the journey with lights.
25-04-2005, 04:03 PM