Mal Carter
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mal Carter
Ok anyone on here know whether Mal Carter is still alive and kicking?
17-05-2005, 08:48 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Mal Carter
That's a bit of a blast from the past, one of the 70s great characters and dedicated sponsors.

If he's past on you can bet your life he will still be kicking.

18-05-2005, 11:58 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes Tom i hadnt heard anything about him lately? by the way i still keep in touch with Dave Orton, as who you know was another great sponser like yourself.
18-05-2005, 12:56 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have just "Googled for all the combinations I can think of including Pharaoh and found nothing...
18-05-2005, 01:48 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

give ron haslam a bell at the farm. i'm sure if mal is still about then ron will still keep in touch.
ade!
18-05-2005, 04:51 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

18-05-2005, 09:32 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tom dont tell anyone else this its confident but Dave was telling one day that' if you want to be a sponser be prepared to throw your cash in the bin' this isnt a reflection on all riders but some he said just take the p///s, he was being sent bills for tyres etc 2 yrs after he had helped lads out.I emphasise this isnt typical of of the vast minority who are glad of every bit of help but just a few Tom and you probably know them, by the way if you want Daves tel no i will email it.
19-05-2005, 09:06 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Could write a book about sponsors getting shafted. "The Suckers Hall of Fame".

That said there was a sidecar crewe not far from you who you will know, I did not sponsor them machine wise but gave them a bit of material help to in the form of kit and bits and pieces, the appreciation after their successful T.T was overwelming, still got what they gave me in appreciation.
19-05-2005, 10:16 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Losing the thread here a bit any news on mal Carter?
19-05-2005, 10:23 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ade i think is doing his homework about Mal, he usually gets his facts correct.
19-05-2005, 01:59 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Unless I'm very much mistaken, Mal Carter was selling agricultural gates around here(Bradford) until very recently. He had a Mal Carter sticker on each gate. I have seen him in a 4wd towing a trailer full of load of them, so unless I'm seeing his double, I think this is correct.
Sounds daft doesn't it, when you think what a larger than life character he was.
20-05-2005, 10:15 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the information on Mal Carter, i would have thought the gates would have the Pharaoh emblem on them? anyway Nick a mate of yours resides a couple of miles away Colin Peters,i think he is involved with a sidecar crew these days.
20-05-2005, 11:21 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mal Carter could sell anything.

SO!!!!!!! He is still alive and kicking.
20-05-2005, 01:39 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Pykey,on the phone to Colin Peters this week, to wish him a happy birthday. I'm aware of his sidecar connections, it's Des Founds's team isn't it?
Top bloke Colin Peters, and never short of a good story, from morning to night.If I miss the racing, it's 'cos I'd struggle to find a man of his calibre.
20-05-2005, 06:21 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Fantastic blokes, Des Founds and his passenger Jim Craig, people like that make you regret nothing by knowing them.
20-05-2005, 07:07 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes Colin has had a tough time with that leg and its great to see him encouraging the stars of tomorrow, yes its young Alan Founds but dont ask what happened at Aintree last year? Des i believe spent most of his spare time building him an outfit and what did Alan do? ask Des and wait for the language.
20-05-2005, 08:28 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Guys

Glad to hear all the good news stories about sponsors and racing and Sidecar Teams !!! I only just about about remember Tom, from his sponsoring days, when he helped my dad out. I am sure the old man would be only to pleased to meet up with you Tom. And as for Pykey....I have just found an old photo of Pykey doing the pit board at Ballacry for the old man when he was on the big Suzuki in 86 ? ish.

We are going over the Island this year to watch Alan passenger for Bruce Moore on one of our bikes. The old man will be sailing over and you will undoubtedely find him in the Ship Inn on the quayside. Look for his yacht in the harbour "Stargazer".

Best Wishes to all and a safe TT.
20-05-2005, 10:11 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Des has got a long way come, welcome anytime, I'm retired now living on the Causeway Coast about ten miles from Ballymoney. Give him my very very best.
20-05-2005, 10:59 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well Chris you found us but a rumour was circulating at Aintree last week that THE OLD MAN was coming out of retirement? and Neil is sponsering 2 lads from Crewe on an outfit.
22-05-2005, 09:36 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Pykey....you know that you've heard all these rumors before !!! but you never know, you may see him at the Top of Bray in his leathers.....never say never. Of course he still has the passion and the ability !! I would prefer him to concentrate on youmg Al and Pete, and put together a proper team.

Hope to catch you in the Isle. Look out for Bruce n Al.. No 50.

Regards
Chris
22-05-2005, 09:24 PM