Pre TT Practice Last Night *PIC*
Anonymous
Unregistered

Pre TT Practice Last Night *PIC*
Last night I took a drive down to Castletown to have a look at who was out and about, and came across Chris Palmer who was out on the Fred Walmsley Manx Norton for the first time. What a beautifully prepared bike it is.

After a two lap practice behind the newcomers, Chris let it rip and completed a lap about 4 seconds behind the lap record. He really enjoyed his first ride on the machine, not having swung a leg over it until yesterday, and said he is really looking forward to getting out there seriously. I think Bill Swallow better be looking over his shoulder, otherwise he will be seeing nothing more than Chris disappearing in front of him.

Who else should I spy, but board regular Larry Devlin, again out on his BMW and providing roller start services for all and sundry with his trusty old van. Larry was in good form and is talking about perhaps coming back for the Southern this year, where he will be a "newcomer" ?????????

Others out last night were of course all the regulars, Bill Swallow Wattie Brown, John Loder, "Bud" Jackson, Mervyn Stratford, Chris McGahan etc and of course Kay Streets and Elle Forrest.

Best little bike I saw on the course was the litle Tiger Cub of newcomer John Nichol giving it's all along the start/finish straight.

Bill Snelling was there also, but we kept missing each other; and there was Pat as ever, patiently waiting while Bill went out on his rounds meeting old friends yet once again. I shall catch you yet, you little so and so.

Off down there again shortly to watch the second practice and the Singles race which kicks off at around 15:00.

This is Chris Palmer just about to go out for the first time on the Manx Norton. Sorry about the quality of this pic, but it was taken with my phone.

[Image: palmer2.gif]
28-05-2005, 01:31 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Pre TT Practice Last Night
Thanks for this, Malcolm...keep it up. Give John N my very best wishes, along with all the other Nichol/Cope clan. Tiger Cubs rule!Scotland the Brave!
Best wishes too to Mr D's better half, who usually does the roller stuff..he was just showing off!
Wish I was there, but I will be Friday night.
28-05-2005, 03:24 PM