I am shocked…sad news.
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am shocked…sad news.
<A HREF="http://www.iomtt.com/news/FullStory.asp?StoryID=1851">http://www.iomtt.com/news/FullStory.asp?StoryID=1851</A>

I dont know what to say.
10-06-2005, 06:20 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am shocked…sad news. - Updated
This has been such a very sad end, to what has been overall a great TT.

"Gus Scott a TT Newcomer and a local female marshal were both killed in an horrific accident at Kirk Michael on the second lap of today's Senior Race.

It is believed that the marshal, Mrs April Bolster of Kirk Michael, was crossing the road to attend to another rider when Scott collided with her.

Scott, a motorcycle journalist from Kendal in Cumbria, was a single man with a 10-year-old daughter.

He had asked the organisers for a lower race number than the number he was originally allocated with (25) and he started at 45 instead".

We extend our heartfelt sympathies to the family and friends of both Gus and Mrs. Bolster.

The Marshals provide a voluntary service for the TT because they love the sport as much as the racers and the fans, and as such put themselves on the line, as has been tragically shown today.

Everyone related to the TT in whatever way, should be thankful for the service that they provide and I would expect unqualified sympathy and respect for Mrs. Bolster and her family, from everyone associated in whatever way, with the TT.

The Marshals have lost one of their own and I am sure that the IOMTTMA will be hurting in their own special way this evening.
10-06-2005, 06:24 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: I am shocked…sad news.
My deepest sympathies to both family and friends of Gus and Mrs. Bolster

10-06-2005, 06:27 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: I am shocked…sad news.
Totally gutted, heard the news this afternoon.
Nothing more i can really say at this dreadfully sad time apart from extending deepest sympathies to Gus`s family and friends and the family and friends of the female marshall involved in the incident.
10-06-2005, 07:06 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: I am shocked…sad news. - Updated
thank you for your kind messages about my late sister mrs bolster marshal at the t.t.races she has been there year after years and loved everything about the races,and had her dream and moved to the isle of man to the place she loved best thank again.
11-06-2005, 09:11 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: April Bolster
I would like to register my deepest sorrow after hearing the news, whilst listening to the Award Ceremony on the boat back, that it was April who had been involved in the fatal accident..

April loved the TT and left Slough to live on the Island. She had also been an active member of the TT Supporters Club.

She was a "senior" marshall having marshalled for a number of years.

My sincere condolences to Aprils family and many friends.........................
11-06-2005, 09:18 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

R.I.P
Gus, was a friend to many and it's hard to believe that his life has came to a end all to soon. I have spoken to people who have known Gus well and they can't believe it and niether can I. Gus was a little like big DJ. He was always up for a laugh but when he was racing it was serious.

One thing that I can't believe is that a marshall couldn't hear the noise of a roaring great superbike coming from miles away and would have had the sense to know that it was coming and waited until he passed. And also a broken down rider surely has the ability to park the bike by the track himself.

But all the same it has resulted in 2 deaths and plenty of people hurting, especially Gus' daughter.

R.I.P GUS!!
11-06-2005, 10:37 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

respect
Sorry for people's loss in this accident. It demonstrates the level of commitment put in by marshalls as well as competitors.

Technical aspects might look better in another thread.
11-06-2005, 10:57 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: respect
A sad day for all, two have lost their lives doing what they loved and that was road racing.
But I do feel that some questions should be asked why no flags were out
11-06-2005, 11:21 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: respect
Very very sad occasion and my condolances to all involved and connected.
Of course questions will be asked and addressed but we must not jump to conclusions untill the full facts are available and for now we should just offer our sympathy to the bereaved
11-06-2005, 05:05 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: R.I.P
It's time this ridulous carnage ended it is too dangerous for modern bikes. Daytona has downsized. Why can't somthing be done about the IOM.
Gus is a sad loss to all. A great fella,only met him once, but got a lot of pleasure from his journalism.
11-06-2005, 08:02 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I visited today with the intention of leaving a message thanking all of the many volunteers, officials, marshals and everyone else who give so generously of their time to make the TT possible. Then I saw the tragic news of the accident that took the life of a competitor and a marshal. I would like to extend deepest sympathy to the families, loved ones and friends.
May I also humbly suggest that analysis of the tragedy itself be postponed until all the facts are known , and at the very least not be included in this thread of condolences. I hope that those who are grieving can find some comfort in knowing that their loved ones died doing what they loved.

11-06-2005, 09:00 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I believe some sort of tribute was paid to Gus Scott and April at the awards night. Anyone got any details? Thanks
12-06-2005, 12:48 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

13-06-2005, 10:02 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Terrible tragedy. I heard from some guys who were there that she went to the assistance of a stopped rider. But how can that happen to an experienced marshal.
13-06-2005, 08:35 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

cant belive what i just read in mcm about gus, why does the tt claim so many good riders.gus will be for ever missed r.i.p gus
15-06-2005, 11:43 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Paul, I was very sad to hear the news. I am thinking of you sir.
18-06-2005, 01:40 AM