On the other side of the pond
Anonymous
Unregistered

On the other side of the pond
While I shall miss seeing the brilliant carrot cruncher, and all the other great racing at the Southern 100, there is some racing over here too.

After a ten year absence the USGP is back. The first 2 USGP's were held at Daytona in 1964 & 1965. Both were won by Mike Hailwood. There will be some classic bikes on display including the amazing Honda 5 cylinder 125 cc.

This is from the Honda press release:

"No other manufacturer begins to approach the dominant championship record Honda has earned over the decades in GP racing, which gives the company good cause to celebrate this race's return to Monterey, California by featuring the largest Honda display tent ever to grace the infield of Laguna Seca Raceway.

Under the tent, fans will thrill to Honda's museum-quality racing heritage display, featuring championship bikes from 1966 forward, including the incredible five-cylinder 125cc RC149 and Mike Hailwood's six-cylinder RC166 250 racer and his 500cc four-cylinder RC181, plus modern-era GP machines piloted by America's Freddie Spencer and Nicky Hayden.

In addition, some of these historic machines will be fired up at various times throughout the race weekend to give GP aficionados a chance to relive the past-at least auditorially. "

Also in the lineup at Laguna Seca will be colin Edwards, the only tornado I ever look forward to seeing LOL!

Ah, well, there's TWO great weekends of racing that I'll be missing, sigh!

I hope everyone has a great time in both places, good weather and safe racing!

08-07-2005, 10:24 PM