Jock Taylor
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jock Taylor
Gone, but not forgotten. 23 years ago today at Imatra. Still missed.
Just out of sight..I can still hear his laugh.
15-08-2005, 10:47 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Jim Clark
Also lost on this day, in 1968, the great Jim Clark.
15-08-2005, 10:55 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

no disrespect helen, but i know who i miss the most. john robert, bless him.
ade!
15-08-2005, 10:59 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jock
Helen on hols we were all out for a meal last weekend, tim reeves was in the company and we spent a good while talking about Jock. Tim was just a lad when he met him. I have a photo that i`ve carried for years in my purse and of course the stories flowed !!! so many happy memories and that lovely smile. Like all the other greats we have lost he will never be forgotton. Special thoughts for all the Taylor family especially today.
15-08-2005, 11:16 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Jock Taylor
Where does the time go?, i can still hear of Jock tragic accident on the radio sports programme, it was Chris Carter who wass the reporter!, and a recent posting, re John Williams, two stars in their own right, but for me, There has never been another sidecar driver with the charisma, and talent, s Jock Taylor, his TT lap record spoke volumes.
RIP Jock and JG
Baylon
15-08-2005, 11:53 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Jock Taylor
Jock's Mum,Peggy is still as feisty as ever. When I spoke to Yvonne a couple of nights ago, she was taking her granny down to the pub for a barbeque. I'm sure a few dubious jokes were told!
16-08-2005, 06:58 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Continuing a long tradition of pedantry well established on this fine website,Jim Clark crashed to his death in a Formula 2 car race at Hockenheim on April 7th 1968.And I miss him more than Ade misses him.So there.
16-08-2005, 08:29 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

How on earth did I get that date so wrong? Anyway, much missed though he is, I, like Ade miss Jock much more, cos he was a friend, and I was never lucky enough to meet Jim Clark.
16-08-2005, 07:45 PM