The ACU Reply 5-7 days late!!!!!
Shaun Harris Offline

Threads: 48
The ACU Reply 5-7 days late!!!!!
Shaun,

I do not expect my e-mails to you to end up on websites around the world - which then proceed to slag me off as a person and then in my capacity of Road Race Manager. These must be your friends - they are not getting the info from me!!!!

By your own admission you do not qualify for a TT Licence.

I tried to find a solution but failed.

Regards.

Eddie Nelson

O So true Eddie, they are NOT your friends!! I guess you have managed to get something correct this year
04-04-2006, 02:01 PM
Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
entries list
I, for one, will be examining this years entry list in the programme when it comes out.

It is said that the TT entries have exceeded the designated total, so have they ALL qualified ahead of Shaun ???

Does a man who has so much experience of the TT and has won it a number of times, get pushed to the very bottom of the lists to give favour to a bunch of first-timers who only know short circuit racing............................
(No disrespect intended)

As a long time fan I am completely at a loss to understand the main reasoning behind the criteriae which can allow young virgin riders to mix it with the established road racers in order that the total of entries appears to be huge.

Yes, in the good old days a winner could come from a newcomer but in the present day, surely the difference between the lap speeds of the TT rider is much now very much faster than the virgin....

Right then, someone who has done a few laps of say Snetterton can qualify for a TT Licence ?? Good Lord !
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
04-04-2006, 03:17 PM
Website Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55

Spot on as ever, Ian!
Speaking as one who dabbled at club level at places like Snetterton, Rissington and Cadwell, helps me to see how daft it is!
Whilst I could see myself going round and round those places all day (especially Snetters!) I could no more go on to race in the TT becasue of that than fly to the moon!
I am not going to be a mercahnt of doom over this, but i do worry for the future of Island racing.
I was think Ian, if you and I added our TT vists together..... blimey!!
Never mind Alice Cooper+Lou Reed!!

MV
04-04-2006, 04:19 PM
Website Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

Ive just come past the QB and the Government are putting huge posters up saying vote for the all Island 60mph speed limit, along side one of the posters is a hand written one>> Manxies Coffin Nails Ltd, mClosing Down Sale only a few nails left Lol
04-04-2006, 05:16 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Shaun, if its any consolation, the wonderful Mr Nelson must surely go down in the history books with the "claim to fame" as being the man who tried to ban a rider (who you should know quite well) whos not an ACU licence holder for not riding at a meeting that hed never even entered in the first place, but that "someone else" had entered him for ( theres no prizes for guessing who this someone else is, sorry). And hes the Road Race Manager, :!: :!: :!: Oh my good grief :roll: :roll: :roll: (as Charlie Brown would say) Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol
04-04-2006, 07:52 PM
Shaun Harris Offline

Threads: 48
hey
I know all about what you speak of Ammo, the man is a fool, who does not know what he is doing, I have sent all copies of his email correspondense to the FIM

They are bringing the sport into dissrepute? and must be removed from office 8)
04-04-2006, 11:32 PM
Find Reply
Hilary M Offline

Threads: 26

I sincerely hope the FIM take notice of you Shaun,as I believe Colin contacted them and they said that the ACU were well capable Lol Lol of running their own affairs! If the sport's main governing body is not interested,then who is? Where are our beloved TT Riders Association in times of need? Do any of them read these boards?If Eddie Nelson doesn't want things made public,he should keep them to himself.He didn't specify that it was not for publication,did he?The pressures will get to them before it does us.They have their free lunches on the line :roll:
He who dislikes the cat,is himself a longtail
05-04-2006, 10:15 AM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

Ill say it again, why have we not got any strong rider reps, and how much are these newcomers being paid to turn up at the TT :oops:
05-04-2006, 11:43 AM
Arthur Lawn Offline

Threads: 23

Quote:Where are our beloved TT Riders Association in times of need? Do any of them read these boards
?

In defence of the TTRA they are a charity and it is not within their remit to get involved with organisation matters relating to the TT races.They exsist with the prime objective of offering assistance and comfort to members should the need arise during the members lifetime.
It would be quite inappropiate to become involved in this issue.
There is as far as I am aware a TT Riders Forum which i would consider a more appropiate organisation to handle this matter.
05-04-2006, 12:30 PM
Find Reply
Tomcat Offline

Threads: 10

Predictable email from Mr Nelson.

Says it all really.

However we really do need to stop banging our collective heads on brick walls. While this licence exists we either get it or we don't ride. Mr Nelson is correct in that personal attacks achieve nothing except getting peoples backs up. Unfounded rhetoric does nothing but make us look like a bunch of aimless whingers.

I knw there is a lot of bad feeling about this licence and the actions of the ACU and there are a lot more people than just the regular posters on this site are p*ssed off, but until someone comes up some real concrete way of either removing the ACU from the running of IoM races or changing the ruling clique at the ACU I'm sorry to say I do not see a way forward.
05-04-2006, 01:11 PM
Website Find Reply
ade! Offline

Threads: 30

basically what's needed is a democratic vote by all acu members, namely you, the riders. if they could pick who to vote into these seats of office, then surely that would end all problems? who voted messers [sic] parker, nelson et al into authority in the first place? 2006 now, out with the old, in with the new, or are we too late?
ade!
ACU? why not add "nt" to the end, you'll get the idea!
05-04-2006, 06:09 PM
Find Reply
The Bag Offline

Threads: 14

I used to be one of the holiday racers that this new licence is trying to eliminate, and I won an MGP having not sat on a bike from 1 year to the next. But surely even with the new licence system in place there should be room for ' common sense'? A TT winner is now not qualfied to race in the TT?????? How the hell does that work???? Surely even the f***wits at the ACU can see that a TT WINNER IS CAPABLE AND QUALIFIED TO RACE AT THE GOD DAMN EVENT!!!???? :oops: :twisted:
Change your name by deed poll Shaun, get a new licence, write and tell the ACU that you fancy a trip to the TT as you've heard its great, and maybe then they'll fill your bags with the money YOU deserve, sort you out with some good rides and above all get you a couple of entries. But you must promise to wobble round at the back, we don't want to make the racing too exciting do we :?
Regards
Russ
Meanwhile back on planet earth..........
05-04-2006, 07:05 PM
Website Find Reply
GarryD Offline

Threads: 17

Good to see you back on the board Russ, may we see you back in action at next years TT mate when the 250s are back.
Motor cycling, mountain climbing and bull fighting are the only true sports. All the rest are childrens games played by adults.
05-04-2006, 07:49 PM
Find Reply
Don Simons Away

Threads: 28

Not my words.
Extract from the 2005 TT Press Release

"Giving the event a truly international feel a total of sixteen countries are represented at TT 2005, and leading the overseas invasion will be former double winner Shaun Harris from New Zealand."
Rest in Peace Don Simons 1942 - 2012
05-04-2006, 11:54 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

I have removed a posting at the request of its poster. Please respect this.
06-04-2006, 06:11 AM
Stella Offline

Threads: 58

Last night we were discussing memories of the TT in years gone by and we wondered if any other previous competitors, who have good laps or finishes, and who would have expected to get an entry, have been rejected this season ?

Stella
06-04-2006, 09:15 AM
Find Reply
The Bag Offline

Threads: 14

Garry, I think if the ACU read my last post there'd be more chance of me getting you to do the MGP this year than them giving me another entry :wink: Still I'll have a nice time in Zakinthos this June Big Grin
Meanwhile back on planet earth..........
06-04-2006, 07:03 PM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Picking up on Stella's posting...if you have had your entry rejected, please either post, or, if you would prefer to remain anonymous, send me a private message, and I will post without revealing your identity, or just note your situation.
By the way...have you had your TT licence yet? tell me about it!!
06-04-2006, 11:00 PM
David Griffiths Offline

Threads: 19

There will be many TT regulars who have had their entries rejected this year, and in fairness to the organisers the main reason is the exceptionally high standard of this year's entry. This will inevitably result in competitors who are extremely competent and experienced racers on the TT Course not getting an entry this year, and probably not getting one in future years either. I'm not talking about some of our foreign friends from recent years wobbling round at 85mph on a Superbike in their first-ever road race - I'm talking about those in the 110mph bracket who know the TT course very well.

Which leads onto my point - I think the time is now right to have an 'amnesty' to allow these competitors to return to the MGP if they so desire. These are competitors whose decision to do the TT (whether as newcomers or as a step-up from the MGP) was undoubtedly correct at the time when the difference between the TT and MGP wasn't that great. Don't forget that until very recently it was possible to do the Production TT and still race the modern classes in the MGP. But now that the TT has been 'professionalised' in the sense that the overall standard of entry is now vastly superior to the MGP, I think it would be now right and proper to allow any TT regular whose entry is refused on the grounds of 'not being fast enough' to return to the MGP. We're not talking about potential race-winners here, just those who love racing on the TT Course and who find themselves victims of circumstances that have changed vastly over the last two or three years. Let's face it, the MGP now needs all the support it can possibly get before those marvellous people at the ACU kill it off once and for all!

Anyone agree or disagree with me on this?
06-04-2006, 11:22 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Very constructive, David. A formula to re-qualify would be great..how about it, MMCC?
06-04-2006, 11:25 PM