GriffMuss Offline

Threads: 32
David Cretney to stand down as Tourism Minister
26-01-2006, 05:14 PM
Website Find Reply
Stella Offline

Threads: 58

Good News ? Bad news ?

What do you people on the Island think ?

cheers,
Stella
26-01-2006, 07:55 PM
Find Reply
tobes Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 1

It seems strange that he has put together this team of people to promote the TT etc then he abandons ship right after a successful press launch too..

I would imagine if something really bad happened now then someone elses shoulders would carry the burden ;-)

u know how foresighted politics can be ..does make u wonder.

my own cynical opinion !
26-01-2006, 08:54 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

I think it is very sad news. He is a racing motorcyclist like us, and whatever his reason it will not be to spoil our beloved TT. I am really sorry to hear he is going.
26-01-2006, 09:43 PM
Arthur Lawn Offline

Threads: 23

I agree,sad news ,but having been in the post 10 years I guess that he requires a less stressfull life and its time to step aside and let someone elses backside get kicked.What is worrying is who will the replacement be as we all know that David is a keen motorcyclist and will fight the motorcyclist corner tooth and nail.remains to be seen but the next incumbent maybe more interested in donkeys on the beach than racers on the TT course,time will tell
26-01-2006, 09:53 PM
Find Reply
charlie hulse Offline

Threads: 40

I think this could be terrible news. David Cretney has had to weather the storm that followed the events at Kirk Michael and then the tragic toll at last year's Manx. And at times has been seriously undermined by others who he had a right to expect better from.

On the safety front he has overseen the preparation for change and created the conditions to ensure that those changes come about. He IS/WAS a racer (you never loose it) He knows exactly what is required.

I know his responsibilities streched far further than the TT / MGP to all areas of the tourist industry in the Isle of Man, but he will be a sad loss. I only hope he will still remain as Chairman of the TT Co-ordinating committee.

I don't see that anyone else coming into the job of Tourism Minister will have the same insight into the TT and the road races in the Island.

Where will this leave Paul and Milky, if their faces don't fit with a new minister ?
Youth is wasted on the under forties !
26-01-2006, 10:10 PM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Thanks, Charlie...I think DC has been a great fighter and ambassador for road racing on the Isle of Man. He is a very human, approachable guy who never throws his authoritative weight about. He listens...of course he doesn't always get, or do, exactly what we want...sometimes he can't...sometimes, he might have a different opinion. All in all, if I had a vote..I'd be voting for him.
If he really means to go, thank you, David, and best wishes.
26-01-2006, 10:17 PM
Paul Phillips Offline

Threads: 39

26-01-2006, 10:40 PM
Find Reply