Phi Hogg Rescue Unit Auction 2006
shaun hogg Offline

Threads: 27

Hello all , as promised by Malcolm i will try & keep you aware what i have for auction , some of which i will be prepared to take bids on from forum members if interested . If i could work out how to post photos i would however to thick . Anyway here goes , this is a quick run down of what i have at moment .

1. Painting of Yer Maun by Paul Parker done in 1985 on Rothmans Honda , cracking painting , size is 36"*24" . Donated by local TM Ian McVeighty .

2. Framed first day covers 1975,1978,1980,1981 , TT all in one frame .
1980 one is Dukes Gilera & is signed by the great man .

3. As above MGP Golden Jubilee 1973 , 1974 TT , 1975 TT , & Linked anniverasries stamps which is Boy Scouts & St John Ambulance commemoration for there work in TT . 1977

4. Picture of Southern 100 winners taken in 1995 , some faces i recognise are , Dave Leach , Bob Jackson , Phil Read , Lowry Burton , Steve Tonkin , Roger Sutcliffe , Bud Jackson , Bill Smith , Gerge Fogarty , Kenny Harrison , Phil Mcallen , Richard Coates , Artie Oates , & many more i am to young to know or to stupid to remember . size is 16"* 12".

5. A selection of photographs donated by Norman Waddell http://www.motofoto1.com . These are all A4 size & are cracking shots of my sidecar heroes , Enders , Shauzu , Luthringhauser , Stienhausen , all from 1975 as well as one of Jock Taylor , one of Mike Hailwood & a new one of Valentino Rossi . A nice selection .

6. A Virgin Yamaha Fleece , which was one of Steve Hislops own given to me by Steve .

7. The best photograph of the year , Finnegan at the bottom of Barregarroo , the one in all publications , also John McGuiness at bottom of Bray both pictures are in Ragged Edge by Stephen Davidson , they are both large pictures with hanwritten explanation of photo on bottom done by Stephen & donated by Stephen .

8. Large picture of Nigel Beattie autographed in the Senior of last year 22"*18" in a nice frame . A4 picture on Moly & Dan Sayle airborne , also autographed , & one of the Islands world Enduro champion David Knight giving it some also autographed . All taken by & donated by Dave " Beany" Purves .

9. Two fabulous shots donated by Steven Hanna of SJH Photography , WWW://SJHPHOTOGRAPHY.CO.UK . One of Bruce Anstey coming right through the lens at Braddan & one of Ryan Farquahar at Ballaugh achieving a perfect front wheel landing . size 15"*10".

10. Selection of shots donated by legendary motorcycle photographer Mick Woolett . All are 10"*8" . Mike Hailwood looking rather bemused pullinf faces after realising he cant catch Ago , Spa Francorchamps 1967 ,Geoff Duke after his last GP victory at Swedish GP winners enclosure 1957 , this one is autographed . Hailwood pushing the mighty Honda away from the start 1967 Senior TT . Halwood in winners enclosure 1978 F1 TT .

11. Signed picture of Hizzy on Cadburys Boost Yamaha , nice picture framed , size 18"*12" .

12. Unusual item featuring Don Smith who was one of the real characters of trials riding . Rarely with out a cigarette in his mouth he was credited as being unofficial world champion in 1964 67 & 69 . We have a framed first day stamp issue of Don passing Laxey Wheel with of course rollie in mouth , the frame also includes a dog end as supplied by Don & a cover letter from Don .

13. Framed MCN machine of the year award for Ducati 916SPS , with photo of Carl Fogarty , autographed. Size 23"*17". 1997

14. Unusual first day cover issue of stamps from Donington Park stamped 25.3.81 . The envelope has a picture of a 1931 348cc Raleigh & Randy Mamolas 1981 RG 500cc Suzuki . What is unusual is the Raliegh is signed by Squib Beaton , & the Suzuki is signed by Randy Mamola definetly a collectors piece .

I have many other things more of which i will add tomorrow .
08-02-2006, 11:20 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Phi Hogg Rescue Unit Auction 2006 - by ttwebsite - 08-02-2006, 02:08 PM
[No subject] - by shaun hogg - 08-02-2006, 11:20 PM
[No subject] - by shaun hogg - 11-02-2006, 08:02 PM
[No subject] - by shaun hogg - 13-02-2006, 10:37 PM
[No subject] - by shaun hogg - 15-02-2006, 11:04 PM
[No subject] - by shaun hogg - 15-02-2006, 11:08 PM