Olympic slider
thewitch
Unregistered

Olympic slider
Congratulations to young Shelley who won silver in the skeleton yesterday.
I never normally watch the Olympics because I can't summon up excitement for their sports, although I admire their ability and dedication.
However, I have always loved the luge and bob events.
She was amazing, and I'm sure I'm not the only slidey who loves sliders.
When I was on holiday at Xmas I tobogganed down a mountain on one of these metal tracks, on a sled with brakes, steered up the walls and round the corners...best fun! I was only disappointed that I couldn't go straight back up and do it again..and again...
17-02-2006, 08:32 AM
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55

Yes, I share your enthusiasm.
There is definitely an infinity between these nuts and road racers!
Apart from everythin else, she comes from a litle village just up the road from where I live. The local villagers and espacially the pub raised money to help get her there. I hear that these girsl train abroad from October to february, every year.
Yes. well done lass.

MV
17-02-2006, 10:22 AM
Website Find Reply
Jan Grainger Offline

Threads: 16

Not sure if any of you saw the young Australian girl. Never been near a skeleton until about 15 months ago. Pictures of her training on a sled being dragged by a car across the bumpy paddocks here at home. I was so impressed. Brave young ladies indeed. I think I would be wanting far more padding in the race outfit too!
17-02-2006, 10:05 PM
Find Reply
Hilary M Offline

Threads: 26

17-02-2006, 10:35 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

You will have noticed that the gold tonight went to a Gibson..
Wish it was me...that really does look like fun...passenegering without one of those manic driver people...
17-02-2006, 10:47 PM