Threads: 11

Wrong way round, surely :?:

:?
21-02-2006, 12:50 PM
Find Reply
Don Simons Away

Threads: 28

No Larry, those are their priorities.
Poor bugg*rs think the crowds come for the food and entertainment!!!!!
Will someone over there please tap them on the shoulder.
Rest in Peace Don Simons 1942 - 2012
21-02-2006, 12:59 PM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

Is that what they call taken one step back to go a few steps foward, and the 500k is for corporate hospitality, the Halewood centre are to get a new kettle and toaster to keep the riders happy Lol
21-02-2006, 01:09 PM
Paul Phillips Offline

Threads: 39

21-02-2006, 05:18 PM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

21-02-2006, 07:16 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

And how much of the ACU's new "safety" licence money is to be spent on safety? Oh, I just love asking stooooooopid questions Smile Smile
21-02-2006, 07:27 PM
Paul Phillips Offline

Threads: 39

21-02-2006, 09:16 PM
Find Reply
shaun hogg Offline

Threads: 27

Agree with your original post Paul why , is it that so many people are so quick to criticise anything & everything that is being done here to improve the event , especially without the whole picture.
A lot of people who live off the Island think everything revolves around the TT & it should take priority over everything that happens here . Not the case , there are many who live here who would applaud the events termination tomorrow . It is a major pain in the ass to many here .
The goverment should be applauded for there continuous support of the event . How many governments would back such an event with all the negative press it can generate .
You only need to live here & see how much work is continuously done all year round on the circuit to realise how much gets spent .
And before you all come back & say the Island would not survive without the money the TT generates , it would .
So come on all you who constantly find fault , think of the positives before just finding the negatives .
21-02-2006, 11:11 PM
Find Reply
Stella Offline

Threads: 58

Mmm tend to agree with you shaun.

Why can people not take the good from what is posted not the negative ?
21-02-2006, 11:36 PM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

22-02-2006, 12:08 AM
cargo
Unregistered

22-02-2006, 05:40 AM
Don Simons Away

22-02-2006, 10:48 AM
Find Reply
Don Simons Away

A very apt quotation comes to mind.

"Your only obligation in any lifetime is to be true to yourself. Being true to anyone else or anything else is not only impossible, but that mark of a fake messiah."

Richard Bach
22-02-2006, 11:53 AM
Find Reply
Labtec Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 2

Don Simons

You said the following things

"OK I know as well, but let us not try to kid ourselves that the intelligent public out there will believe that the 3 to 5 distribution is perfectly alright."

Are you privy to the amount being spent out of the original TT budget on course safety ? If your not, how can you say a 3 to 5 split of the new money is wrong ? I suspect you don't know how much of the original TT budget is being spent on safety. How can you say what your saying then ?

"It is just simply negative thinking to say the Island does not need the TT."

Your wrong, the IOM can survive without the TT. The finance sector is booming. No doubt the IOM makes out of the TT but the Islands wealth largely comes from the finance industry.
It's not negative, it's the truth.

The TT and it's future is improving, why don't you cheer up and stop moaning.
22-02-2006, 01:30 PM
Find Reply
Hilary M Offline

Threads: 26

Whilst I must agree that the Manx government are really trying to improve things for the TT, I have to say that I never have,and never will be,in favour of all this hospitality rubbish.We see enough of it at short circuits buring BSB,World Superbikes and GPs, and that is where it should stay.Many prime viewing areas at short circuits have been lost in favour of massive marquees, for the so called VIP fraternity to have uninterrupted views of the racing. Unfortunately, the said people,very rarely see any racing as they are simply not interested.All they want is a free lunch and plenty of booze.
There is a small element of them who are genuinely interested in racing,but you will find that they would rather be in the garages,or on pit wall,taking in the atmosphere.Sure,allocate them a small area in which to indulge themselves,but not at the expense of the paying public, who put some of these "star" riders where they are today.
Before you say I don't know what I am talking about,I have been around the GP and WSB paddocks for many years,as I have friends who have ridden in them,and I have seen the changes over the years.Sure,the sponsors put a lot of money into some of the teams, but why should they be pampered any more than they were 20 years ago.What has changed?
The privateers don't benefit from them,that's for sure.
I no longer spectate at short circuits because I cannot stand this stupid pampering, and being unable to view at my favourite corners, because of stupid party tents.For heaven's sake,the public pay a lot of money to go to GP's nowadays.
I also visit the IoM out of the race season,so I am aware of what is happening on the Mountain course.One thing for certain is that the "improvements" at Windy corner,have nothing to do with TT safety, but they are being implemented because there are so many accidents there involving the general public,that the government feels obliged to protect them from themselves.Surely, the solution would be to teach them to drive properly,as the standard of an element of Manx drivers is apalling.
22-02-2006, 01:33 PM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

Something I feel has been missed is why are the DTL paying for all the safety, examples
QB the Brewery/pub make loads of profit from the races and it should be their duty to pay for the safety of the spectors at that vantage point just like the Creg has to. Grandstands at Hillberry does theowner pay towards safety, a lot of people make a fortune out of the TT/MGP but put very little back in the money being spent is at a cost to the riders who risk their lives to put on a free show for others. If the riders were to say stuff it due to the cost of the boat fares what would happen.
May I also add Paul is right in saying hes not getting paid for the hard work hes doing so maybe we should lay off him a little and direct our angers at those that are being paid
22-02-2006, 01:51 PM
thewitch
Unregistered

Thanks for that, Colin. I was about to suggest that we stop getting at individuals. This is about the TT and arrangements for it, not about individuals...particularly not those who, in their own way, are trying to make things better. we will never all agree on what is best, or what are priorities, but we can at least show an example by being respectful of fellow posters. That will be more than some of the organisations we are criticising. They don't have the decency to reply, although I amquite sure they read postings. They will get a laugh if we are dissing each other.
Save your venom for the real culprits.
22-02-2006, 01:59 PM
Guy Offline

Threads: 10

Well said Helen, I think it's high time people laid off picking on individuals especially those with a difficult job to do who are just trying to make things better for the TT!

The very fact that extra money has been allocated at all by the Manx Government this year is something to be welcomed !

Time will tell how much of it is actually used for improvements to the main stand & how much for hospitality etc (and personally I'd like to see all of it used for improvements and safety issues) but the fact that extra money is being allocated is something that we should be positive about instead of all this constant negativity I read on here.

There's no doubt at all in my mind that the Island could easily survive without the TT, however if we try being a bit more positive & less negative about the improvements that many people have been working very hard for it may go a long way to ensuring the improvements continue & that the Island never has to survive without the TT !

Just my tuppence worth ! :roll:
When life throws you a curve, lean into it!
22-02-2006, 07:11 PM
Find Reply