replica /trophy
matt-j Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 3
replica /trophy
Hi,not been on here for a couple of years.does any of you lot know where the replica's are made also what is the figure on it ,i wonder this every time i look at them.cheers MATT
25-02-2006, 11:10 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Welcome back...I think the figure is Mercury, but I don't know where they are made...anyone know?
25-02-2006, 11:39 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think a workshop for the disabled has something to do with it, but Im not really certain.
26-02-2006, 12:40 AM
thewitch
Unregistered

I think that's just the engraving...where the actual trophies are aquired from would be different...how about asking someone at the Southern or the MMCC...they would know.
26-02-2006, 08:26 AM
Hilary M Offline

Threads: 26

Welcome Matt.What are your plans for this year?I think Helen is correct with Mercury,can't help with the rest though.I wonder why Mercury?
26-02-2006, 10:31 AM
Find Reply
Tom Loughridge Offline

Threads: 12

Replicas were manufactured by Birmingham Badge and Medal Company in Warstone Lane, Birmingham, in what was know as the jewellery quarter, the city was split up into various names, such as the gun quarter, where gunsmiths were concentrated.

The BBMC original manufactured all manner of metal equipment badged buckles etc for the MOD in the two world wars, I had an Aunt who worked there during the war effort and used to pass it on the tram.

Replicas are now manufactured in Walsall in the West Midland not far from Bob Heaths Visor business.
When the flag drops the bullcrap stops
26-02-2006, 12:15 PM
Find Reply
GriffMuss Offline

Threads: 32

Hey great to see you back !
Matt had a sad time recently, hope you're feeling a bit brighter.
He also tells me he's taken up a dangerous sport..........lets see who guesses first what that sport is ! Lol Lol Lol
26-02-2006, 10:05 PM
Website Find Reply
Don Simons Away

Threads: 28

The image is of the Roman God Mercury, fleet footed winged messenger. Originally the Greek God Hermes He was the messenger of Zeus, and wore a winged cap and winged shoes. He bore in his hand a rod entwined with two serpents, called the caduceus to protect him during his journey. The winged wheel is an addition for cycling and motor sport tophies.

I think Tom met the man himself.
Rest in Peace Don Simons 1942 - 2012
27-02-2006, 01:25 AM
Find Reply
Hilary M Offline

Threads: 26

As usual,the brilliant Don has come up with the answer.Is there no end to his talents? Maybe he could tell us the winning numbers for this week's lottery!
Sorry to hear of Matty's loss,I believe his mum has passed away.
As for his new hobby,maybe he has taken up being a sponsor,what could be more dangerous than that?
27-02-2006, 10:05 AM
Find Reply