Worrying vibrations
Don Simons Away

Threads: 28
Worrying vibrations
Have been hearing that prospective newcomers for the MGP are being courted for the TT.

Also that the waiver of fees for the TT to compensate for the TT Course Licence insult will not be extended to the MGP riders.

If these reports are credible it seems more than unfair for the Manx guys who surely need the help more than anyone.

Let us hope the MMCC are keeping and eye on these matters.
Rest in Peace Don Simons 1942 - 2012
09-03-2006, 05:32 AM
Find Reply
Paul Phillips Offline

Threads: 39

09-03-2006, 10:38 AM
Find Reply
Don Simons Away

Threads: 28

Rest in Peace Don Simons 1942 - 2012
09-03-2006, 12:27 PM
Find Reply
Barry Wood Offline

Threads: 5
post subject
Paul;
I know of a TT newcomer this year who would have preferred to race in the Manx first, but the option to do so wasn't explained to him. By the time he was made aware of the fact that it would have done him no harm to learn the ropes at the Manx, and probably move on to the TT the following year with a newcomers MGP race win at the top of his CV, it was too late. His sponsors had booked boats and accommodation, and weren't prepared to change things.
It should be up to the rider to decide what he wishes to do, and all options clearly spelt out to him.
09-03-2006, 10:00 PM
Find Reply
Paul Phillips Offline

Threads: 39

09-03-2006, 11:25 PM
Find Reply
Shaun Harris Offline

Threads: 48
I get confused
I get a bit confused when I see a man like Paul Phillips being challenged on the web sites all the time, he works his asre off for all of us, whether we be riders or supporters or fans, he tries to awnser all questions and reply to as much as he can.

Most of you know Paul, and know what he is made of, he is a genuine nice guy, it seem's he is always running around for some one else.

I am not trying to say we should or should not but please, try to remember how much good this man does before we go challenging his word on an open forum like this, it would be a real bit-- without him and others that work so hard for all of us.

I believe he has nothing to gain by telling porky pies on here
10-03-2006, 08:31 PM
Find Reply
Barry Wood Offline

Threads: 5
post subject
Take a chill pill, Paul. The slightest sniff of any form of adverse comment and you jump on the defensive. Mind you, maybe I am of similar temperament?
I have no wish to make a big issue of this on here, partly out of respect for the person I was referring to, and partly out of respect for the website. I've said my piece, and I stand by it, but that's it over with as far as I'm concerned.
If I have something to say, I say it. You know me. :twisted:
10-03-2006, 08:57 PM
Find Reply