ACU Back In Charge
charlie hulse Offline

Threads: 40

It's OK Shaun, my posting disappeared that quick you won't have seen that I wasn't attacking Paul I was explaining what his role is.

I am fully supporting Paul Phillips and HE knows that as well !
Youth is wasted on the under forties !
16-03-2006, 11:11 PM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

I hope everyone will lay off Paul, and focus on the real difficulties, as Shaun has said.
Please keep the criticism legal, and lay off individuals...if ttwebsite gets sued we won't have place to rant.
16-03-2006, 11:35 PM
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50

When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
17-03-2006, 01:57 PM
Find Reply
Arthur Lawn Offline

Threads: 23

17-03-2006, 05:56 PM
Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50

When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
17-03-2006, 07:08 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Dear, dear!

You really are an unruly lot! I was going to take the night off and go to a party, but it's just as well I didn't. With all this cutting and chopping and zapping, it's like a Tarrantino movie in here.
I'm falling way behind with my knitting, you know, so if you are one of those favoured TT or MGP riders who is waiting for a woolly willy warmer to wear under his leathers this season, you may be out of luck.

Criticism, as long as it is constructive, or at the very least not abusive, is fine, such as "The ACU have produced a licence form which does not make sense, and need to revise it for the future"...reasons or suggestions for improvement, such as "because they have completely missed out the MCUI and its licence holders" or "they should make it particularly clear that Irish races count for the new TT Course "licence" "

Believe me, I am as passionate as you are about the races, and have been going to TT, MGP and Southern100 for over 30 years, so I am on the same side, but we must be civilised about it. I am just as angry, and believe much is being done that is not in the interest of TT, MGP (in particular) or competitors, but there's a right and wrong way to get justice.

NO naming of individuals, unless you have something good to say about them, such as "Well done, Moly, you showed 'em, across", or "Thank you, Dept of Tourism for resurfacing the paddock...my feet will stay dry this year"...OK..got the idea...off you go then......
17-03-2006, 08:27 PM
Tom Loughridge Offline

Threads: 12
Re: OK
Shaun Harris Wrote:
thewitch Wrote:Come on, now Shaun...don't hold back...say what you really feel!
Well said.

I don't like to be abusive on a web site, much prefer to get in some one's face, but they are all so face less

Would not we all love the opportunity to educate Parker and his cohourts who have never thrown their leg over a racing iron in their lives and know nothing about the job.
When the flag drops the bullcrap stops
18-03-2006, 12:30 AM
Find Reply
Tom Loughridge Offline

Threads: 12
Re: OK
Tom Loughridge Wrote:
Shaun Harris Wrote:
thewitch Wrote:Come on, now Shaun...don't hold back...say what you really feel!
Well said.

I don't like to be abusive on a web site, much prefer to get in some one's face, but they are all so face less

Would not we all love the opportunity to educate Parker and his cohourts who have never thrown their leg over a racing iron in their lives and know nothing about the job.

The only ones being abusive are Parker and his cohorts, they are slowly by stealth, if they have not already succeeded in totally destroying the purpose, principles and mission of the Auto Cycle Union.

Democracy. Which Parker does not believe in and is determined will not apply to the ACU

Definition. Control by the people, exercised either directly or through elected representatives.

Dictatorship. Definition. Control by a ruler having absolute power and authority, especially one considered tyranical or oppressive.

ACU code of conduct. How does the ACU operate?. (official statement)

The ACU structure is based on individuals being members of Local or Non-Territorial clubs being affiliated to one of twenty Local Centres; None-Territorial Clubs working through the Non-Territorial Clubs Board; the Local Centres and Non-Territorial Clubs working through the Non-Territorial Clubs Board; the Local Centres and the Non Territoral Clubs appointing members to the National Management Council (NMC) The (NMC) is the national body for the control and development of the sport and leisure activity of motorcycling. The NMC appoints the Chairman, Deputy Chairman, and Financial Director of the ACU.

From nominations received through the Clubs and Local Centres the NMC appoints members of the Sporting Committees which are responsible the control and evelopment of the different aspects of the sport. The National Managent Council also nominates to the board of the ACU Ltd. Which is responsible for the controland development of the financial aspects of the business of the ACU, including the staff at the ACU HQ Rugby.

Members of ACU Clubs are entitled to have there say by raising ANY issue or suggestion through their Club. Club delegates can then take this to the Local Centre Board which in turn may raise any matter to be addressed by one of the Sport Committes or by the National Management Council.

The main objective of the ACU is to provide all participants in motorcycle sport with an enjoyable, safe and competetive days sport. With over 600 clubs affiliated into 20 centres, there are many opportunities available for everyone, whatever their age or ability.

When was this democratic process changed and by whom? Did they act unlawfully? Was it done for personal control of power and financial benefit. Why does the all of the membership which funds the ACU cease to have a voice or any representation in matters of serious concern?

Without a due democratic process which is clear and transparent in any organisation, truth, honesty and integrity disappear and secrecy, stigma and rotten dishonesty thrives.
When the flag drops the bullcrap stops
24-03-2006, 02:55 PM
Find Reply