Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
This Whole ACU/Licence Issue and Inter-related matters
30-03-2006, 12:07 PM
Website Find Reply
Tom Loughridge Offline

Threads: 12

Malcolm is 100% correct, we are truly fortunate to have this site and some others on which were can freely express our genuine and honest opinions and concerns without fear of retribution, suppression and censorship provided that were are honest and transparent and do not place the site at risk.

Here we can read of the problems that current riders in the TT and the MGP are experiencing and in particular an issue that angers me greatly, the additional immense financial burdens which have been placed upon them that many can ill afford to get there new Licences that serve no useful purpose in respect of TT course safety.

It may surprise many that I support fully the Auto Cycle Union as a non governmental body controlling motor cycle sport, it has achieved great things since its inception nearly a Century ago. It has had a majority who were totally dedicated to all disciplines of the sport and the best interests of those who paricipated in it and were paid up members and licence holders.

I could fill this page with names of past officers, employees and officia;ls and sing their praises. however there can be little doubt the ACU has some very serious problems at this time with certain officers and officials have seen fit to change the principles of the founding members to suit their own agenda by secrecy and stealth.

The problem is not the ACU as an organisation but a few rotten apples in the barrel, whose purpose is absolute control and power for personal gain and is being pursued and achieved contrary to the ACUs accepted code and rules in an undemocratic and dictatorial manner to the detriment oif the sport, those who participate and the good governance of the ACU itself, and if allowed to continue unchecked will continue to contaminate the whole organisation with disastrous results.

The oipinons expressed here are mine alone for which I accept sole responsibility.
When the flag drops the bullcrap stops
30-03-2006, 01:05 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Oops, sorry, Malcolm, Mrs Angry has deleted a lot of the postings. Please keep to the topic on postings, and NO personal attacks.
30-03-2006, 07:03 PM
Harry Offline

Threads: 25

Many thanks to Malcolm for providing this great site free of charge for all of us to enjoy. Also many thanks to Helen for the often thankless job of monitoring this sometimes rowdy group.

Many, many thanks to the legions of hardworking volunteers who keep our sport running. The criticisms aimed at the ACU should in no way be taken as criticisms of the wonderful volunteers without whom there would be no racing.
Cheers, Harry
30-03-2006, 07:41 PM
Find Reply