Good news re MGP
thewitch
Unregistered

Good news re MGP
From the Manx Motorcycle Club:

Following further discussions with the ACU, we have been informed the ACU may consider relaxing the requirements for obtaining a TT Moutain Course Licence. In particular the ACU may consider granting licences to riders who have not held a National licence for 12 months prior to the closing date of 19 May if they have satisfactorily completed the necessary number of meetings to upgrade to a Natiional Licence and if they have satisfactorily competed in 3 race meetings in the 12 months expiring on 31 May 2006. This is a dispensation by the ACU Road Race Committee who have made it clear that riders who currently hold only a Novice or Intermediate Novice licence will not be considered.

The ACU has agreed that the closing date for the 2006 Manx Grand Prix can be extended to Friday 16 June 2006 for all classes.

If you still wish to be considered for the 2006 Manx Grand Prix please contact this office immediately on 01624-644649 or email mgp@manx.net
25-05-2006, 12:12 PM
Hilary M Offline

Threads: 26

They are so kind,such nice people :roll:
26-05-2006, 06:39 AM
Find Reply
Tomcat Offline

Threads: 10

They must be VERY short of entries in the Newcomers.

Either commercial considerations are overriding safety or it was no use as a safety idea in the first place.

No comment from the ACU so far, as far as I can see.
26-05-2006, 02:12 PM
Website Find Reply
Tom Loughridge Offline

Threads: 12

You can't sell from an empty barrow and you can't have a race with empty grids I don't suppose the mighty Pol Pot thought of that when HE decided to introduce the TT Course Licence and it's ridiculous T & Cs
When the flag drops the bullcrap stops
26-05-2006, 05:57 PM
Find Reply
GriffMuss Offline

Threads: 32

You could be right, the Newcomers race short of enteries, no body entered
class 'b', so no interest in the 250's ! And I also read somewhere only 18 in class a & c. Don't take my word just what I read !
26-05-2006, 06:06 PM
Website Find Reply
Hilary M Offline

By all accounts entries were well down by the closing date,compared to last year.This couldn't possibly have anything to do with the relaxation of the criteria for the TT course licence could it?We told you so ACU,so much for the stupid excuse for better safety.I wonder if Paul Phillips can shed any light on the reason for the lack of newcomers and general low interest! They will be accepting entries from all and sundry soon,regardless of qualifications,in order to fill the grids.So much for safety :roll:
26-05-2006, 07:40 PM
Find Reply
Tomcat Offline

Threads: 10

To be fair I can't see the ACU or MMCC relaxing the National licence requirement, nor in my view should they. The point is, we don't need additional requirements or silly new licences. The system was fine until they stuck their oar in.

I wonder if we will see further backtracking in 2007 when the "6 race" rule comes in, or whether they will be happy to see the events wither having distanced themselved from the ruling by a year.
27-05-2006, 03:33 PM
Website Find Reply
Hilary M Offline

The ACU really haven't got a clue.I wish they would leave the organising to ex riders or the Southern 100 committee,or even the Flower Pot Men!They will then be free to partake in their free lunches,as can be seen by Mr. Parker's fat belly! :wink:
27-05-2006, 07:27 PM
Find Reply