Foot passenger tickets:
HarleyFreemantle Offline

Threads: 4
Foot passenger tickets:
First of all, can I still buy foot passenger tickets for Race Week? If the answer is no the rest is a waste of time...

Second of all, do they require a passport to go from Heysham to Douglas?

Third of all, would they let a 15year old go across on his own, and if not, would I have to pretend to be 16. And if I do have to say im 16, see "second of all".
28-05-2006, 04:06 PM
Find Reply
Carolynn Offline

Threads: 3

Its usually fairly easy to get a footpassenger ticket, either ring 01624 661661 or go to http://www.steam-packet.com/steampacket/search

You don't need a passport and I'm not sure about the age thing but good luck anyway,

Cheers
Carolynn.x
28-05-2006, 04:44 PM
Website Find Reply
HarleyFreemantle Offline

Cheers Carolynn. What is it like getting residence over there? I presume the whole island is booked up - what about down in Sulby Glen. Is that a registered campsite or a just roll-up and find an empty spot?
28-05-2006, 05:40 PM
Find Reply
Carolynn Offline

Threads: 3

Sorry, I can't help you too much with camping as I'm usually in the competitors paddock or at my parents or brothers houses.
I would imagine you can just turn up at the campsites, the nearest ones to the boat are at Glenlough Farm, Union Mills or Nobles Park (though this is the grandstand and I'm not sure if they have a public camping section during the TT), there are plenty of others to choose from and you can find a list of all the campsites on this link... http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/result...20of%20Man
Again, good luck and enjoy!
Cheers
Carolynn.x
28-05-2006, 06:52 PM
Website Find Reply
Hilary M Offline

Threads: 26

I believe the campsite at Sulby Claddaghs is a free one,where you can just turn up.It's a long walk from Douglas though!
He who dislikes the cat,is himself a longtail
29-05-2006, 06:53 AM
Find Reply
HarleyFreemantle Offline

I had planned on getting buses but with the World Cup and a nagging/over-worrying/sensible Mum im not gonna go any more. Cheers all the same as i'll be looking at going to Sulby next year. Are there shower facilities there?
29-05-2006, 05:50 PM
Find Reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ive just been over for the Pre TT Classic and stayed on the campsite at Sulby Claddaghs. Its free, theres toilets, hot and cold water and even a security bloke (Securicor)so I wouldnt think theres too much need to worry if youre young and on your own. Its quite a big site so I would think there'd always be room for an extra tent, and theres a bus to Sulby from Douglas, as far as I know. Sorry, didnt notice any showers there though.
30-05-2006, 10:21 PM