125/250/400 race for 07
andy kirk Offline

Threads: 18
125/250/400 race for 07
so lots of rumours flying i for 1 hope the mmcc see sense and bring these back............dont think it would be to difficult to get 30 of each class ??

your thoughts on this topic ??
04-06-2006, 09:33 AM
Find Reply
The Bag Offline

Threads: 14

Hi Andy
Long time no see. I'd love to see them back at the TT, even if it was just for 2007. The only problems I can see are numbers, the bikes are still there, the riders are still there, but so many of these riders are now running those horrible things with valves?? in them, and lots of the top riders are contracted to run these road bikes. I'm not sure now whether many of the riders would want the hassle of setting up extra machines as the new practice format gives them alot more time on just 2 bikes therefore making it easier to set them up and ultimately I suppose that makes the racing safer?? Given that at the MGP they are struggling to get more than 20 for the Lwt race these days, I don't think they'd get 30 at the TT, they may get 30 interested but would any of us qualify for the new licence :oops: but what I suspect could be done would be to get enough entries from the 3 classes to make one race with split results, like the Lwt/Ultra Lwt at the MGP? Even for the one year maybe as it would be a nostalgia trip getting these bikes back, allow the MGP riders to do this as a one off and also the MGP later in the year. Ok some won't be able to afford it but at least it would give the chance of upping the grid. The quick riders at the MGP are all quite heavily sponsored and I think WOULD be able to do TT as well, the slower ones, with no disrespect intended are the same faces on the same bikes doing pretty much the same speeds and will therefore not be effected if 3 or 4 riders got what you could call extra practice by doing he TT?
Just my little Sunday morning waffle but there you go, any further takers?
Cheers Mate
Russ
Meanwhile back on planet earth..........
04-06-2006, 10:08 AM
Website Find Reply
andy kirk Offline

Threads: 18

hi russ i think the bikes & the will is there to make it happen. i,m sure if it was anounced early enough it would not be a problem......riders,teams need time to get organized it works at the nw200 cant see it being different at the t.t.

good idea let the mgp riders ride in the t.t as a one off in that class 125/250/400 :wink:

russ fancy doin the spanners 2007 ?? been doin alot of short circuits since 2005 full mgp in 2007 for me mate 600 & 400 well thats the plan at the minute ...watch this space ... :wink:
04-06-2006, 02:17 PM
Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50

A few of us we talking about this the other night. There are still alot of riders out there with 250's and 125's. You only have to look at the numbers for the North West to see that a race would be possible. The bikes are already there and the riders already have them available. The comment that if they brought back the 125's there would be four Dunlops at next years TT, well what a sight that would be. This is why I can not understand them getting rid of them in the first place. But then again they did say something about manufacturers not wanting to support these races. But hang on what do Moto GP run.... arrrr 125's and 250's, and if they were thinking more on the lines of UK.... oh hang on don't they have a British 125 championship? ..... oh dear....... I can just about hear that spanner hitting the cogs right now.......

The only thing I would be worried about would be the numbers of 400 runners. They are getting a bit long in the tooth as you can see from the numbers in the Manx. Why not bring back a singles race. Combine this with the 125's and I think you would have a compatable combination of machine speed and times. I think the smaller manufacturers like KTM or CCM would have big single motors available. The only reason they were taken out was that the top teams didn't like it as the likes of Honda Yamaha and Kawasaki didn't have machinery available to race. So after alot of whiening by team managers the race was scrapped in favour of all the races being exactly the same. Sorry I mean same bikes, same sounds, same riders up there winning, same results. Thats progress for ya.....
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
06-06-2006, 12:57 PM
Find Reply
tobes Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 1

this is a debate that has run for a few years.

for me the sidecar race has become the most interesting race.

T C
2strokes
09-06-2006, 01:11 AM
Find Reply
dieselglider Offline

Threads: 3
Re: 125/250/400 race for 07
andy kirk Wrote:so lots of rumours flying i for 1 hope the mmcc see sense and bring these back............dont think it would be to difficult to get 30 of each class ??

your thoughts on this topic ??

Dunno who it was being interviewed on RadioTT last night (Thurs) before 7:30pm, but they said there's no chance of a 125/250 race next year because the numbers just wouldn't be there....
09-06-2006, 05:19 AM
Find Reply