Barry Wood --Thank You Everyone
Barry Wood Offline

Threads: 5
Barry Wood --Thank You Everyone
I would like to take this opportunity to say Thank You to everyone who has been involved in any way whatsoever with my situation regarding my accident on Saturday in the TT Superbike race.
In particular, the marshals, first aid personnel and flagmen on duty at the 11th who did a wonderful job under difficult circumstances. I don't remember too much about it, but I know that the 11th is a difficult spot for bikes appearing from around the bend very suddenly, and at very high speed. I cannot express adequately my sincere gratitude for their care and professionalism. Also to the Airmed personnel who provided vital care and reassurance. The staff at A&E Nobles, and those of Ward 1 who have looked after me during the last couple of days.
To the very many people who have rang, texted, emailed, visited me in hospital or otherwise contacted myself or my family, all of your concerns have been so very much appreciated.
I count myself to be one very lucky person indeed. Make no mistake about that. I don't want to say anymore about the incident just now.
I have an entry in the Junior Classic MGP, and I fully intend to be on the grid. Longer term, I'm not so sure what will happen.
Anyone else I have forgotten to mention, I apologise, but a big heartfelt thanks as well to everyone else who has been supportive in anyway of my TT effort during 2006. Hope to see you around Smile
05-06-2006, 12:00 PM
Find Reply
Fitz Offline
Fitzjnr

Threads: 15

Barry,

Really pleased to hear you are ok. Some speedy get off that would have been and some nice marks left on the road too, went past it a few times in the Taxi yesterday :shock:

Speaking of Taxi's.....If you need running around, I am sure I can do you a deal....bit like you would do for me Lol

See ya soon fella.
05-06-2006, 12:10 PM
Find Reply
andy kirk Offline

Threads: 18

just glad you are o.k barry. as you say m8 bloody quick round there :wink: :wink:
05-06-2006, 01:32 PM
Find Reply
Tomcat Offline

Threads: 10

Aye, it's a fast bend, there's always part of me twitching as I go through there! Lol parp

Glad you're still with us and look forward to seeing you in August!
05-06-2006, 02:39 PM
Website Find Reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am glad your feeling better Barry you had a lot of fans worried the 11th is very quick.
05-06-2006, 06:20 PM
sjohn Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0

Barry, glad and relieved to hear you are out of hospital and on the mend. I've been following your progress during practice and I'm sorry you won't get out on the 600, but the most important thing is you are okay.

I hope your injuries won't prevent you from bending your elbow next month! A pint should be just the right weight for rehabilitation.
05-06-2006, 06:36 PM
Website Find Reply
David Griffiths Offline

Threads: 19

Get well soon Barry - I was very, very relieved to hear that you had (relatively speaking) got away with it at such a fast part of the circuit. So the next two items on the agenda are the Classic Manx this year and the Parish Walk next year? Big Grin
06-06-2006, 03:12 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

So glad you are OK...sorry i haven't made it up to see you...still a day or two to try...will you be down at Billown on Saturday?
08-06-2006, 10:56 AM
Barry Wood Offline

Threads: 5

Im hoping to get down Helen, but I don't think I'll be in the paddock. I need somewhere comfortable to sit! :cry:
08-06-2006, 03:39 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

There's a nice bench at the side of the clubhouse, Barry! And we can guartantee you regular cups of tea from the mad cows in the kitchen!
08-06-2006, 11:59 PM