FTAO Colin
Paul Phillips Offline

Threads: 39
FTAO Colin
Col

Just to clear up some of the points you have raised on this forum and others over the past few days -

There were no protests made during any races at TT 2006

Anyone can use drills for changing tyres provided that they run on air

Guy Martin has not joined Uel Duncan Racing

Five MCN journalists were not offered a trip to the Island all expences paid

Conor Cummins will ride for Team Racing for the rest of the season

Carl Rennie's tank met the regulations for the Superbike classes (Gary C told me himself that it wasn't the tank that was the issue on the ZX10)

By the way - were you not supposed to be in the states when the TT was on?

Paul
13-06-2006, 11:16 PM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

Paul correct I was to go to the USA, but maybe if you ask Gary he will tell you why I never went.
As for members of the MCN being offered a trip over, that came from the horses mouth so to speak and in has maybe upset others from the good press.
Impact guns are allowed if run by air correct, but why did they allow petrol driven starters in pit lane.
Why were pit members stoped from using the earpiece radios in pit lane when the officials were allowed.
Why did many riders have to hire/purchase, (us included) armoured cables for tyre warmers in the holding area when others were allowed to use petrol generators.
Paul you and the team have done a good job this year, our views and that of others can only help if listened to. The TT does need an independant riders reps, that are not scared to speak out, and God up in the Ivory Tower has to listen and act when informed by riders of possible safety issues instead of telling them it would be wise to shut up.

At the beggining of practice weeks, the riders should be able to sit down with the officials and have all the rules set and kept to for the whole period of the racing, changing rules every other day upsets teams and riders with low budgets and they are the same teams that have kept the TT alive when the big boys pulled out.

On a change of topic any chance of putting a show on next year starring machines from every year since the TT started, now theres a challenge for you, good luck and well done.
14-06-2006, 11:58 AM