Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music over the TT 2006 at the Sulby Glen Hotel
ROSIE Offline

Threads: 65
Music over the TT 2006 at the Sulby Glen Hotel
Over the two weeks of TT this year Eddie & I took a lot of flack, about there being no live bands in the Marquee at the Sulby Glen Hotel. I would like to try an explain the reason for this;

The Marquee was orginally set up because we were asked to try and keep fans on the Hotel side of the road, I think the thought behind it was, The Sulby Glen might become like the hawthorn used to be ... Wheelies and doughnuts etc. So we at first hired a marquee and then in later years bought our own. The music we have always paid for ourselves with no help from the Tourist Board or Breweries.(Unlike other pubs !!!) I know we may not be the mecca of biking nights out, but we have tried to supply a service to those bikers in the area, thus providing entertainment they did not have to ride their bikes to. The music has also been enjoyed by the village community, locals who have travelled to hear it. In 20 years we have had the full approval of Police, Commissioners and Licensing courts, without complaint.

However this year one neighbour has made life increasing difficult, not only for the marquee but also for live music within the bars. The compliant being ...wait for it THE NOISE UPSETS HER SINUS. If we were to have a noise related complaint, all music would then have to go throught noise limiters and amphified music through the fire alarm system. Most bands do not like playing if the music goes through noise limiters as an instant cut off can damage their equipment. The cost involved and the risk off these restrictions, brought about the decision not to have music outside.

After listening to all the comments during TT and reallising just how much this facility meant to both visitors and locals, Eddie and I would like to first apologise, and assure all bike fans there will be music both MGP this year and TT next year. Perhaps also a fund raising night for the rescue Helicopter. We would also like to thank all of you, once again not just the visiting fans but the locals as well, who have supported us over the last 20 years your custom has been throughly appreciated.
Biker Friendly Pub.
20-06-2006, 09:26 PM
Website Find Reply