Manx Radio's coverage of the Southern 100
pit boy Offline

Threads: 7
Manx Radio's coverage of the Southern 100
This coming Tuesday and Wedneday and Thursday Manx Radio returns with more motorcycle coverage with the 51st running of the Southern 100.

From Tuesday at 8 pm and Wednesday at 6pm we have for the first time secured a restricted service licence on 100.6 FM in the Castletown area, this will supplement our coverage of the racing on our normal FM network of 89.0 97.2 and 103.7.

Thursdays coverage will be 100.6 FM only from 10 am with music in the lunch break,with full race commentary's with Maurice Mawdsley at the start,Roy Moore at cross four ways and Chris Kinley in the paddock.

Also you can listen via our website on the Listen 1 Icon

http://www.manxradio.com

should the July sitting of Tynwald finish early on Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday we will join up on our AM 1368 frequency
07-07-2006, 10:59 AM
Website Find Reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

still wondering if manx radio will swallow their pride and bring back Geoff in some capacity?
07-07-2006, 12:30 PM
thewitch
Unregistered

Looking forward to that...I'll be there, but I love watching Pit Boy dash from rider to rider, talking all the while. What a performer!
08-07-2006, 09:58 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

helen i take it pit boy is kinners never met him and he is good but geoff as the anchor man is a must? i emailed manx radio on this subject but i didnt get a reply.
08-07-2006, 01:34 PM
beepee Offline

Threads: 23

Here here about Goeff Cannell,I was taken back a few years when I heard his dulcet tones sharing the commentary with Roy Moore on Thursday,no doubt a completely illegal operation as far as Manx Radio are concerned but great ti hear his voice on the radio again.

What a waste of time only broadcasting the races on 100.6 only available in Castletown,the races would have been a bloody sight more interesting than Tynwald,still we don't want to encourage nasty motorbikes do we,in case the financial sector get upset.
14-07-2006, 10:19 PM
Find Reply
shaun hogg Offline

Threads: 27

Think the commentary team in place do a good job , Chris K is good in the pits & a real enthusiast about the racing Charlie Lambert has done well in the two years he has been anchorman & has worked hard to try & gain as much information on riders bikes etc as he can , was delighted to see Roy Moore at the Hairpin he is also an enthusiast & has a great local knowledge of past TT races & Maurice at Glen Helen is dependable , dont think we need Geoff Cannell back much as he has been good it is another era now , time to move on & give these guys a chance .
14-07-2006, 11:01 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

I was disappointed, too, that we couldn't get the coverage on 1368, on out TT radios...I wonder how many people were avidly following the Tynwald reports, as opposed to those trying to find the Southern100 coverage. Great job by Roy Moore and Kinners.
14-07-2006, 11:51 PM
Tel Offline

Threads: 6

Top job by all concerned in the Manx Radio team, brilliant racing, great weather( except wednesday evening) well done to the S100 club on a well orgainised meeting.
Roll on S100 2007 :wink:
15-07-2006, 04:21 PM
Find Reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

i would like to add my comments also great meeting and Geoff got his hands on the mike shhhhhhhhh
17-07-2006, 08:13 AM