abedare
Anonymous
Unregistered

abedare
ok one here for borrowbash how long does it take you to get to aberdare and is there any digs there please?
26-06-2006, 09:42 AM
ade! Offline

Threads: 30

ACU? why not add "nt" to the end, you'll get the idea!
26-06-2006, 10:30 AM
Find Reply
charlie hulse Offline

Threads: 40

And if you get peckish there's a cracking chippy on the High Street, you'll love Aberdare Big Grin

But if you want to make the most of it go the A road route it's shorter by the miles but the longer drive time is well worth it.
Youth is wasted on the under forties !
26-06-2006, 10:59 AM
Website Find Reply
ade! Offline

i always go derby, utch, stone, eccleshall, newport, shifnal, bridgnorth, ludlow, leominster, brecon, across the sheep road at the side of the reservoir across to hirwaun, aberdare. takes us hours, but very enjoyable blast Big Grin clocks us about 170 miles.
ade!
26-06-2006, 02:10 PM
Find Reply
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

Pykey, take the A roads. The M6/M5/M50 will bore you to tears and you'll still have about 45 miles of A roads to do anyway. It's a pity the organisers can't get together with the Irish lads and try to avoid a clash but for all that it's still a great meeting.

I just love the idea of having a bike race meeting smack in the middle of town with rose bushes for run off.. Smile
26-06-2006, 04:37 PM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

We used to have that in Kirkcaldy, too. And there was a kid's zoo, and large pond, into which a car crashed in a car meeting many years ago! Ask my daughter about her happiest childhood memories!
26-06-2006, 04:44 PM
charlie hulse Offline

Beveridge Park I believe Helen. The late Roy Armstrong on his Honda CBX 6 must have been an awesome sight round there, he's greatly missed.
Youth is wasted on the under forties !
27-06-2006, 12:27 AM
Website Find Reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

thanks for all the info on aberdare and as for kells havnt booked this year and the price at aberdare seems right? if i go i will travel via leominster as years ago it was one of my pit stops on the lorries, 13 days to the southern and Ade dont get to ???????? ed this w/end lol
27-06-2006, 09:21 AM
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

Pykey, don't be tempted to leave before the end. The best race is usually the last of the day when the quickest riders from the earlier heats all clash. The tool to have is a good 250 and I've seen some cracking battles around there.

Hopefully the weather will be good but it really knows how to rain in that part of the world so take your waterproofs! As a guy in a Dublin bar once said to me: "Wales - t'would be a marvellous country if it had a roof!"
27-06-2006, 11:55 AM
Website Find Reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

27-06-2006, 12:36 PM
ade! Offline

i wondered what "concessions" meant, now i know. i wonder if i take my spazzy certificate down they'll cut my admission fee?
on another note, if you feel like a bit of a walk - about 2 hundred yards - go up the other end of the park and cross the road to the welsh harp pub [s]. if you can't miss your fix of emmerdale or corrie, there's a big screen tv in there, a pool table in the back room, and if you're very lucky you might [like we did] meet the stereophonics in there. all good clean aberdare lads Big Grin
if you're feeling VERY energetic, have a walk round the track - all of 0.9 miles. it will make you realise all the more that anybody who races a bike round there has got to be absolutely barking :wink: like charlie says, you'll love it.
ade!
27-06-2006, 06:28 PM
Find Reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

now then the word conssesions go to hillabys website he doesnt know either ? do you want to borrow my bus pass ade.
28-06-2006, 07:56 AM
The Bag Offline

Threads: 14

I ought to know better but when is Aberdare this time?
Scarboro next weekend Ade, if I can sneak in without lining the pockets of the fat yorkshire bandit, I'll be there, if not I'll turn round and come home, Aberscare however, I may be there, even if I have to pay, well worth the money!!!
M1, M42, M50, A465,

yeah its boring on the motorway bits,but it gets you to The White Lion quicker :wink:
Russ
Meanwhile back on planet earth..........
01-07-2006, 08:23 PM
Website Find Reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

yes i am looking f/ward to aberdare and 1 will use my bus pass for concesion unlike another place which as you say is run by the FAT YORKSHIRE BANDIT.
02-07-2006, 09:29 AM
ade! Offline

sorry russ, just back from skerries. according to their website it's same weekend as kells. ie in 3 weeks. saw the scone ranger this weekend, but i'll let him tell you his stories Big Grin
ade!
02-07-2006, 07:07 PM
Find Reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

same w/end as BSB oulton but sorry the lovely stella i have made my mind up to go to aberdare but there is still room at my penthouse suite for you and alex but you will have to cook your own bacon butty?
02-07-2006, 09:02 PM
The Bag Offline

Threads: 14

Ade can you please remember to bring my chasing rainbows book to Aberscare mate?
Sorry you couldn't make Scarboro last Saturday, it was really sunny and warm, the cider was really cold, the racing was really fast and everyone seemed to be there, you'd have loved it!!! :wink:
Russ
Meanwhile back on planet earth..........
16-07-2006, 09:42 AM
Website Find Reply
ade! Offline

just for that mr henley, i'm going to post those polaroids of you and that ewe from a couple of years ago :wink:
see ya friday, with the folder.
ade!
16-07-2006, 12:29 PM
Find Reply