Government steps in to help James Cornell
thewitch
Unregistered

Government steps in to help James Cornell
26-07-2006, 08:55 AM
charlie hulse Offline

Threads: 40

As I understand it James was only covered, insurance wise, for the FIM minimum. The enhanced cover is very very expensive and nobody really expects to need it, do they.

The minimum level has been eaten up by James's hospital treatment and the funds that have been raised in the States didn't materialise when they were expected, which further delayed James flight home. This is the major cost, as James has to transported on a stretcher bed for which they have to take out numerous rows of seats(which all have to be paid for) and he has to accompanied by two nurses.

The money is on the way from the States, San Francisco General Hospital are going to accept him straight from the aircraft and now the Manx Government has got involved, directly, James will be home soon.

Thankyou to everyone Manx, English, American, whatever, who have contributed and supported James in any way.
Youth is wasted on the under forties !
26-07-2006, 09:47 AM
Website Find Reply
Stella Offline

Threads: 58

Thank Goodness.
27-07-2006, 12:20 AM
Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55

Oh, what good news.
It would be easy to sit here and say "about bloomin time"
But clearly a lot of people have been trying hard and fair play to you all.
Well done!
To me, it seems amazing that Mr Cretney was not aware that there was a problem "until recently" but I knoiw he is a busy man.

The important thing now is to get James home and amomgst his buddies and family (they are clearly and mazing bunch of guys, you can tell that from being around Wade Boyd!)
Lets hope for good news.

Once the dust has settled, I feel that this situation has to be reviewed.
If we are to have a such potentially dangerous high speed event, then its participants should be given some special consideration.
Of course, I realise that its not THAT simple, but can we not at least have a review?

MV
27-07-2006, 11:23 AM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Personally, I'm glad I'm not an American. This poor man, who presumably has been a taxpayer in the States, was abandoned totally by the US in his hour of need, and left thousands of miles from home by the same government that can afford billions of pounds to obliterate innocent people on the other side of the world.
Incidentally, they also left it up to the Isle of Man, a tiny protectorate, to pay for all his care, and ultimately his repatriation.
Despicable.
I'm so glad that the Isle of Man, as in the case of the Solway Harvester, has shown huge humanity and benificence.
Good luck, James. I hope you recover quickly once you are home. I hope Wade will keep us posted.
27-07-2006, 05:05 PM
Arthur Lawn Offline

Threads: 23

[quote="thewitch"] This poor man, who presumably has been a taxpayer in the States, was abandoned totally by the US in his hour of need,

Spot on Helen,I have deliberatly not entered this posting,but you are right it is the persons country of residence who is responsible to see their safe passage home.I had a freind who was murdered in Saudi Arabia and his body was returned home to the hospital where I worked at the initial expense of the British Goverment.
Regarding medical care then unless a reciprical arrangement exist the country of residence can be billed,even in this country if I receive medical care outside my health area of residence,then the hospital where I receive that care can bill the primary health trust relating to my post code.
Still no doubt James has received the best of British care at Nobles which hopefully will go a long way towards him making a satisfactory recovery as believe me the American health care system is very much finance driven.
Good luck James ,family and friends
27-07-2006, 08:28 PM
Find Reply
Don Simons Away

Threads: 28

This restores your faith in humanity, and reinforces what we already knew about the Manx people. Many thanks David.
Rest in Peace Don Simons 1942 - 2012
28-07-2006, 04:15 AM
Find Reply