ITV TT programme - memories of the TT
Bill Snelling Offline

Threads: 147
ITV TT programme - memories of the TT
ITV are making a programme about the TT in the gold old days, and are looking for memories and film footage to go with it. If anyone (especially Ian) can contribute, can they contact Susie Moss, her direct line is 01228 829334 or the Producer who is Heather Larcombe is on 01228
829328. Heather's email address is heather.larcombe@itv.com
I did mention the TT rider of 'large repute' who, coming back from early morning practice, removed helmet and boots and then got back into bed, but as we have no cinematic proof she declined the story!
11-07-2006, 11:40 AM
Website Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
itv
Thank you for the info Bill, I don't have a lot of cinematographic proof of the escapades of the olden days.......

But i do have a video or two I took years ago when the camera I had was nearly as big as the car, (well it was at least as heavy as the car !) and I had it bolted to my roof rack and fed the live lead through the sunshine roof and recorded events on a large recorder which was on the passenger seat !! A colleague would sit in the back to stop and start the recorder, adjust volume and make sure the plug was in the cigarette socket !!
We did many laps like this before the days of lightweight on-board bike cameras !!
I even grabbed a rider or two to sit with my colleague on the back seat to commentate on the lap !!

I am digging out some of these old videos especially those with footage from the Douglas Bay hotel days with different riders waving to me whilst walking across the front of my stationary car in the Bay Car Park when Robert Cox (of Renold Chains) and I ran a practice times results service ( A blackboard with that days press releases stuck on with drawing pins.Everyone came in those days to have new chains fitted or run-in chains adjusted and valued our results board.

So many stories, anyone want to help me get all of them on paper before I forget 'em all ????
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
16-07-2006, 09:08 PM
Website Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
no reply
I e-mailed them immediately but have as yet not received a reply or any kind of communication to say they have seen my e-mail........
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
16-08-2006, 04:29 PM
Website Find Reply