Sad News
thewitch
Unregistered

Sad News
RIDER DIES IN MGP PRACTICE
AN MGP competitor was killed in the opening practice session last night (Monday).
Forty-six-year-old farmer Terry Crane, from Santon, lost control of his 250cc Honda at the 33rd Milestone.

He was taken to Noble's Hospital by rescue helicopter, but died soon afterwards.

Mr Crane, 46, was married and leaves two sons.

He was an amputee, racing with one leg.

The coroner of inquests has been informed and the Manx MCC will conduct its own enquiries into the circumstances of the incident.

(From iomonline.co.im)
22-08-2006, 10:47 AM
ade! Offline

Threads: 30

jeez, is this the same terry crane i used to know, i wonder. he was colin breeze's team mate early to mid 80's, then used to ride a monster fj1100 yam at mallory. i think he also rode in the superstock series as well. r.i.p.
ade!
ACU? why not add "nt" to the end, you'll get the idea!
22-08-2006, 12:35 PM
Find Reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

my condolonces to Terry's family and freinds RIP Terry.
22-08-2006, 12:43 PM
FC
Unregistered

ade! Wrote:jeez, is this the same terry crane i used to know, i wonder. he was colin breeze's team mate early to mid 80's, then used to ride a monster fj1100 yam at mallory. i think he also rode in the superstock series as well. r.i.p.
ade!

Yes the very same chap, what more can one add, Terry was a good friend to many and will be sadly missed by all.
22-08-2006, 04:31 PM
GriffMuss Offline

Threads: 32

I couldn't believe the news today, after I'd been out last night, I was informed by young Venables that Terry was ok, then I heard he's passed on. Gutted, such a nice bloke, I'll certainly miss him and I'm sure his dog will. Terry stopped outside the house not long ago and as I was outside (on the main road ON YELLOWS!), he stopped and we chatted for ages, he was so looking forwrad to the Manx. He always waved as he passed.
My condolances to his family & friends at this time, and I hope to meet his family soon, just sorry it's at a bad time.

Gail & David Griffiths
23-08-2006, 12:27 AM
Website Find Reply
Hilary M Offline

Threads: 26

I can't add much more,other than to say that he was doing what he loved.The racing fraternity is a close community and a loss is always felt by us all.
23-08-2006, 09:04 AM
Find Reply