Course Licence Changes
shipleymanx Offline

Threads: 30
Course Licence Changes
has any body seen the changes to the TT licence. Does this mean that if you qualified to start but could not make it, this will count. As my rider came off on Sat, and he had qualified for two races, do these count as two.
17-09-2006, 06:39 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

I would have thought that is one...as it is meetings, rather than races (except in the case of the TT/MGP), I THINK...am I right??
17-09-2006, 07:39 PM
shipleymanx Offline

If you look at the IOMTT website this reads slightly different
17-09-2006, 08:02 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

17-09-2006, 08:12 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

It says "Riders successfully qualifying to start AND CLASSIFIED AS A FINISHER can list these (refering to the MGP and TT) as two seperate countable meetings towards the six in total with a proviso of a maximum of three listings from the two TT Mountain Course events". So, it looks as though if you only qualify to start, and start but dont finish, then its tough s**t mate. So Parker didnt really listen at all to what I understand was said at the meeting at the MGP with John Goodall etc.
17-09-2006, 10:46 PM
cargo
Unregistered

I think your wrong ammo it says that qualifing and finishing count as seperate countable meetings so if say you qualify for two races and finish one thats three countable meetings. I plan to phone the ACU today and get this clarfied
18-09-2006, 05:16 AM
shipleymanx Offline

Cargo will you let us know when you have phoned them
18-09-2006, 07:42 AM
Find Reply
Carolynn Offline

Threads: 3

TT Course Licence Changes

The ACU Road Race Committee has agreed to requests for a slight relaxation with regards to the Isle of Man TT Mountain Course Licence for the 2007 Manx Grand Prix, by reducing the amount of time ACU and Scottish ACU licence holders must have held a National licence for road racing from a minimum if 12 months down to 6 months prior to the start of the event, and all applicants must have completed satisfactorily in at least six road race meetings in 13 months (rather than 12 months) expiring on 30th June, 2007.
This applies to the Manx Grand Prix only, and not the TT.

The qualification criteria for the six meetings will in future deal with both Isle of Man TT Course events on a different basis. Riders successfully qualifying to start and classified as a finisher can list these as two separate countable meetings towards the six in total, with a proviso of a maximum of three listings from the two TT Mountain Course events.

This I'm sure, means you get a sig for qualifying and a sig for racing with a maximum of 3 for competing in both the TT and MGP (for the likes of anyone inc. Farquhar, Lougher etc. who do both)
Cheers
18-09-2006, 09:25 AM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

That's how I read it.
If any ACU official is reading this can you clarify the points raised in this thread..for example:
If someone qualifies successfully for two MGP races, and finishes in one...how many "credits" is that?
18-09-2006, 09:38 AM
Don Simons Away

Threads: 28

It very often happens when people in authority make a major mistake; they are loath to front up and say they blew it.
What we are experiencing currently is a piecemeal withdrawal from one of the most disastrous undemocratic decisions in the history of the TT.
The fact that they cannot come out and say clearly what this third recision of the rules means in plain English is again indicative of the ongoing campaign of obfuscation to cover their retreat that has been going on since they dropped that massive TT course licence clanger.
Why can't they just come off it and abandon the whole stupid insurance fuelled fiasco?

God, here I go again I vowed never to write another word on this subject!
Rest in Peace Don Simons 1942 - 2012
18-09-2006, 10:37 AM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

I've made that call apparently they've all been or are already on holiday and the person I spoke to wasn't aware of any press release regarding this matter.

I'm to phone back later.

I've re-read it over and over and am still convinced that qualifing and finishing count separatly ie enter 2 races and qualify for two races gets you two credits or what ever you want to call it. Then finish a race and you get another credit.

If my reading of this is correct and I do think I am correct then this change can only be welcomed it gives credit to the fact that a lots of effort and racing miles (and cost) goes into competing and qualifing for the MGP/TT.

It still leaves course newcomers and anyone who misses a year with a lot of meetings to get done which it could be argued is a good thing. While at the same time crediting those who are at the TT/MGP every year.

Dont forget there's and extra month now to get those meetings in and only a six month requirment for holding a national licence so it should be possible to apply for your national and get the meetings all in the first six months of the new year.

I will report back later.
18-09-2006, 10:47 AM
cargo
Unregistered

There has been NO offical press release with regard to this matter
18-09-2006, 04:36 PM
thewitch
Unregistered

This is the place I found it, don't know about others, or where it originated.
http://www.iomtt.com/blogs/tt_news/archi...63532.aspx
18-09-2006, 04:53 PM
maggie Offline

Threads: 7

There's probably not much point in surmising if this new rule isn't actually official but I can't make out if the "counts as two" if you both qualify AND finish relates to ALL counting meetings or only to the MGP meeting!??!
Thanks for trying Cargo, we will all await with bated breath the return from holiday of someACU-body/ANY ACU-BODY who is able to give us some definite news! :roll:
18-09-2006, 06:33 PM
Find Reply
Hilary M Offline

Threads: 26

I really can't believe that this would appear on a website without some credibility.The changes stated are feasible,so I would be inclined to believe it is true.They only apply to the MGP,not the TT, and not to foreign competitors,which would imply that tougher qualification is still required there.I can't understand why the ACU has not said anything officially before the official officials(!) were allowed to take their holidays.They probably want you all to stew for a while :roll:
22-09-2006, 12:23 PM
Find Reply
shipleymanx Offline

A friend of mine has seen a printout of the new changes, and we still can't make out wether he has one or two signatures. It is written so vague. Do they not realise what implications their words may have. i wish they would look at all the permutations there may be before jumping feet first.
22-09-2006, 01:26 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

The same article is in the current BSN, and looks identical, so where has it come from, if not the ACU?
22-09-2006, 01:29 PM
maggie Offline

I wouldn't expect any clarification for some considerable time. IF the gist of it is that you are now required to do 'x' meetings, where x may be less than 6, then they won't want you to know that in case you stop doing all the extra short-circuit meetings!
Sorry, shouldn't be sarcastic as any slight relaxing of the rules should be gratefully, if grudgingly, received! Lol
23-09-2006, 12:00 AM
Find Reply
maggie Offline

I have just read the GENUINE "Official" Rule Changes on iomtt.com Sad
23-09-2006, 12:15 AM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

That's been there for weeks, Maggie, and is the same as what is in the BSN, but according to info given to one of our members by ACU employees, it ISN'T official, and they'll phone him when (if) it is....
23-09-2006, 07:22 AM