The Creg at TT time
thewitch
Unregistered

Frankly, if I had paid good money for 10 years...formed what I thought was a relationship with the people I stayed with, and then was asked to pay double...I'd be quite sure I would NEVER stay there again.
I really hope that people do not take that view on the whole Island and the TT, but I could fully understand if they did.This is short term thinking. It will be another hundred years before we have another centenary, but presumably these people will want trade next year?
I'm delighted the TT is 100 years old and look forward to all the extra events BUT...the racing is the main thing, and it will be just the same as any other year...that's what I am interested in, not some manufactured glitz to celebrate past glory...especially as many of the people involved in the organisation place very little value on past reputation or achievement.
Surely the extra effort to celebrate should be a thank you to those who have loyally competed or attended for, in some cases over 50 years...not for those who travel the world being seen at "special" anniversary events. Past competitors and regular vistors should be welcomed, not treated as past it or screwed for the last penny.
My last word on something I feel very strongly about.
05-01-2007, 10:33 PM
Rocket Man Offline

Threads: 13

06-01-2007, 01:07 AM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

06-01-2007, 05:46 AM
Neil.W Offline

Threads: 6

On the subject of prices , because we are not going this year and therefore not booked with the Steam Packet , has there been any significant price increase there , or havnt they announced them yet?
06-01-2007, 10:57 AM
Find Reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

Neil take Cargo's advice no hassle great racing and true race fans.
06-01-2007, 11:10 AM
Sport-Pics Offline

Threads: 3

You are there to be shot at!!!
Sport-Pics
06-01-2007, 02:22 PM
Website Find Reply
Hilary M Offline

Threads: 26

Having been in business for 20 years, I can only say that people who rip off the public are scum.True, we all have to earn a living, but some of us have a conscience, and there is no way I would expect my regular customers to pay hiked prices.Customer satisfaction rates far higher than a few extra quid in the bank, and through being greedy for one year will mean a loss of revenue for many more years.In my world, as long as you can earn a decent living, what more do you need? Business over conscience? No way. Sad,greedy people,there are plenty of them about. It is the public who are at fault for being vulnerable enough to be taken in, but if there is an element who are stupid enough to pay up,then let them carry on :?
06-01-2007, 07:00 PM
Find Reply
Chris Thackeray Offline

Threads: 28

As some seem to be going on about the manx,I have to agree its more layed back and the racing is just as good.
Here sitting on my pc I have loads of pictures from the 2005 Manx GP and a bit of space on my server so have a taste of what to expect at the Manx!.

http://ttsounds.com/index1.html

Give the page a chance to load.
07-01-2007, 08:36 PM
Website Find Reply
charlie hulse Offline

Threads: 40

Thanks Chris those pics certainly helped me as I had just had some very bad news about a good friend.
Youth is wasted on the under forties !
07-01-2007, 08:49 PM
Website Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

Some good pictures there and................ one of me

[Image: 100_0634.jpg]
07-01-2007, 09:34 PM
Chris Thackeray Offline

Threads: 28

Hey Cargo I didnt know you was famous Lol Next time I see you at Ballacrye I wanna see that front wheel well up.
Im sure I saw your bike having a new chain fitted in the paddock and Im sure your tank had a big dent it it?.
13-01-2007, 08:11 PM
Website Find Reply