Big TT News on Manx Radio Wednesday 24th Live From 12 Midday
pit boy Offline

Threads: 7
Big TT News on Manx Radio Wednesday 24th Live From 12 Midday
Live with Tim Glover and Chris Kinley Live from A location in Douglas From Midday

And don't forget to Come to the TT Press launch at the Villa Marina main hall from 6PM live again with Tim and Chris on February 2nd Friday
23-01-2007, 11:30 AM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Oh, no! I have just come off the phone after arranging to do something at that time, which means I won't be able to listen...will it be repeated, Chris?
23-01-2007, 12:10 PM
ade! Offline

Threads: 30

you've just come off the phone helen? try slowing down next time Big Grin
ade!
ACU? why not add "nt" to the end, you'll get the idea!
23-01-2007, 07:41 PM
Find Reply
Noddy Offline

Threads: 7

12.49pm - no access to the radio here on the webby - Any News???
http://www.twostrokeracingsupportersclub.com helping to keep pure racing bikes on the roads....have you joined us?
24-01-2007, 01:52 PM
Find Reply
manxphotos Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 2

The following has just been announced on Manx Radio.

MV Augusta will return to racing in the centenary TT. They are entering a factory ride in the Superstock race and this will be ridden by Martin Finnegan.
24-01-2007, 02:15 PM
Find Reply
mikec Offline

Threads: 6

& had you bought the comic first thing this morning, you would have read all about it,, So what was the big fuss, allabout if they are giving the news to the comic first?
What did make me chuckle, in the comic relating to the same story was the list of all time TT winners,,
To cut it short they have Phil Mc Callen with 13
Bob Heath with 11,,,,, tied with Steve hislop!!!
Bet you Bob is dead chuffed with now knowing that his S100 wins count towards TT wins on the big course, Bet you, he has blown the whistle on his train good style after reading it!! lol

That means i must be on the list somewhere with 3 TT "Wins"

Hope Mike Rutter keeps his head, & doesnt do anything silly, but to be "given " the No 1 plate,,,,

It makes you wonder, 7 years away etc, recent course knowledge,

No disrepect to Michael, but it apeaers as if he has been headhunted to come & do it, & will take away a nice bit of pocket money,
Enter stage right Paul Phillips,

anybody else got any thoughts on this?

All the best
Mike Cain
24-01-2007, 05:02 PM
Find Reply
Paul Phillips Offline

Threads: 39

24-01-2007, 06:39 PM
Find Reply
charlie hulse Offline

Threads: 40

I know Mike was close to riding last year at one time, but budgets, logistics and BSB shot it down for another year....

....but Michael was keen to come back and his return just shows what can happen when the ACU and BSB don't work against the TT.

The dates always used to be kept clear, in fact the ACU would not sanction any other national events during the TT fortnight. Then BSB and TV money became more important and the TT was diluted.

We've got dates clear again now...."Let's Keep It That Way" no going back
Youth is wasted on the under forties !
24-01-2007, 06:53 PM
Website Find Reply
Chris Thackeray Offline

Threads: 28

I too think its great that Michael Rutter is making a welcome return to the TT this year.
I also think what ever some rider`s are paid "Top" they are worth every penny or pound I think Im right in saying Big John won 30,000 quid for the senior sure someone will pull me up if Im wrong.
My point is that the TT rider/s who are at the top of his or her sport should earn mega bucks for what they do around the TT course.
In fact I think they should be paid more and every (rider) should be helped more with the cost of racing at the TT or Manx.
24-01-2007, 10:38 PM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Your wish is granted, Fitz! I have tidied up this thread. I hope all are happy with this. PM if you have any comment.
I for one am delighted with today's news...imagine the noise through Bray...can't wait...
24-01-2007, 11:29 PM