Major TT2007 announcement on Manx Radio Wed 24th Jan at noon
manxphotos Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 2
Major TT2007 announcement on Manx Radio Wed 24th Jan at noon
The following has just been announced on Manx Radio.

MV Augusta will return to racing in the centenary TT. They are entering a factory ride in the Superstock race and this will be ridden by Martin Finnegan.
24-01-2007, 01:05 PM
Find Reply
ZZR600 Offline

Threads: 0

24-01-2007, 03:22 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

There were MVs ridden at the TT in 2002 2004 and 2005 :shock:
24-01-2007, 03:36 PM
sticky Online
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 40

24-01-2007, 04:58 PM
Website Find Reply
Paul Phillips Offline

Threads: 39

No matter what goes on there will always be skeptics on TTWebsite.Com!

MV Agusta are once again flexing their muscles on the world stage racing wise, and as they proved last year in European Superstock, their bike is very competitive.

To have another manufacturer officially commit to event, send machinery, mechanics and high ranking staff over to our little Island, goes further to enhancing the TT's credibility within the motorcycle industry, something that is very important to the future of the event, which not very long ago was totally diminished.

They have a good bike and now a good rider and I am sure most people will be pleased to see them at the TT and wish both team and rider all the best for a safe and successful fortnight.

Paul
24-01-2007, 06:02 PM
Find Reply
mikec Offline

Threads: 6

afternoon paul,
Different thread but just knew you would bite, one way or another,
Smile Smile

Hope you have a replie lined up for the pocket money comment on the other thread! Lol
24-01-2007, 06:20 PM
Find Reply
The Bag Offline

Threads: 14

I think that MV coming back is going to be good for the TT and MV. The fact that they are only entering 1 bike in 1 race is surely what any business would do when stepping into a new venture, they are testing the water. Martin Finnegan is a great rider, any body that can lap at over 120mph, even on these superbikes is a great rider, in my humble opinion.
Lets encourage these teams back to the TT and hope that they get enough laps and set up data to come back another year even bigger and stronger. I don't think many people liked the new format with all the bikes sounding the same and looking the same but the MV is different, it will add variety to a grid that has no real option that to seem sameish.
Good luck to MV and Mr Finnegan and well done to Paul, Milky and anybody else involved in attracting these type of teams back to the TT. From a cynical point of view, even if it was a pr stunt purely for the 100 years of TT, it is still good to have them there.
Regards
Russ
Meanwhile back on planet earth..........
24-01-2007, 07:41 PM
Website Find Reply
charlie hulse Offline

Threads: 40

Forgive me Paul and I'm not being negative...but

Chris Palmer had everything in place last year to ride an MV and then the factory said they couldn't get the bike ready in time. I hope history doesn't repeat itself.

Good luck to Martin.....now lets just hope that Foggy gets his deal to run an MV WSB team agreed....quickly
Youth is wasted on the under forties !
26-01-2007, 06:38 PM
Website Find Reply
Paul Phillips Offline

Threads: 39

That was a customer bike to be bought privately for Chris to ride. This is the factory directly supplying machinery and mechanics.

Hope that clears things up.

Paul
26-01-2007, 06:54 PM
Find Reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

Paul sorry to but in but there are skeptics on all sites and i wish MV and Martin good luck.
26-01-2007, 09:16 PM